I have listed an item several times but it simply won't appear in the default search location.

stombal
Community Member

I have listed an item several times but it simply won't appear in the default search location. The listing title is identical to those of other sellers with all the necessary words to identify it in the eBay database. The search algorithm being used by eBay must have some program issues. When I search by specific country the item appears but at the bottom of the listings as items from other sellers. There appears to be some sort of priority listing order that is unknown to me which probably discriminates in favour of the sellers with many listings or feedback.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have listed an item several times but it simply won't appear in the default search location.

Yes the Cassini program does discriminate based on several (or possibly several dozen) points.

One is feedback, both number and percentage.

Another is Detailed Seller Ratings.

Another is Item Specifics.

I don't pay much attention to Cassini, since that way madness lies, but other factors may be mentioned by other listers.

I did notice that when my listings got back up to 200 (after a couple of months of no listings at all) that my sales took off. But that is in my category. YMMV.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply