I have never received my order and get nowhere with the seller. ebay site is unfriendly to report.

mariontri
Community Member

I have contacted my seller twice now and still have not received the product.  When I try to key in the info concerning item # to have ebay look into it, it comes back as invalid.  As far as I'm concerned this is a rip-off and I'll never use ebay again and will tell everyone I know about my experience. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have never received my order and get nowhere with the seller. ebay site is unfriendly to report.

"As far as I'm concerned this is a rip-off and I'll never use ebay again"

???

How could it be a rip-off when you enter the wrong item number?

Take your time, check the listing number (information is available on eBay and on PayPal) and make sure you enter the correct listing number (NOT the PayPal transaction number).

Once you have the correct listing number, start here: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Or here:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

You have already tried to contact the seller so you can skip that step.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had the same problem, the seller used eBay's global shipping program, and no way to track my package. And it was not registered and no signature required. So mu package is lost forever. I just lost USD700+. I considered this is a rip-off from both eBay and Seller. Moreover, when I tried to left feedback, the item is no longer valid. **bleep**!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You should open a dispute 1st to comunicate with seller on PayPal if you don't get it within 5 weeks.

Don't leave it longer than 5 weeks otherwise PayPal would say you left it too long and they won't refund you if you weren't able to get refund from the seller.

I did this for one of the items I didn't received and I got refund within a couple days days and dispute was closed and resolved didn't even need to discuss any further with seller nor any questions asked.

There is expiry date for the dispute like 2 weeks. If don't get any results before the 2 weeks expire, then can file a claim to PayPal just before the date it expiries..

They will negotiate for you directly to the seller, if they not succesfully in helping you get your money back from the seller, Paypal will refund your money.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No.

Here's how the Global Shipping Program works.

The seller ships the item to Kentucy and the GSP plant. He uses tracked shipping. Once the tracking shows that the item has been received, the seller's responsibility ends.

GSP puts the item on a truck to Canada. Each item has an internal tracking number.

The truck crosses the border and the items are given to a sub-contracting shipper, usually Canada Post or CanPar, which actually delivers it.

It is possible, I understand, to get that internal tracking number, but for the buyer IT IS NOT NECESSARY.

Go to the link at the top of this post.

Open an Item Not Recieved dispute.

If the seller cannot prove that he delivered the item to Kentucky, he is required to refund you.

If he can, then the GSP must prove they delivered the item to you.

If either does not present proof, then they must refund you.

If they don't , Paypal will refund you, and go after the seller or GSP for the money.

GSP is reportedly pretty good about refunds, not even requiring the return of goods damaged in transit, but there can be a delay in getting the duty and tax refunded. But those will also arrive.

So

Open an Item Not Recieved dispute.

And yes, there is  a deadline so do it now. Not tomorrow, the whole process is automated and does not require any human intervention.

If you spent too much time moaning instead of acting, and the deadline has passed, go instead to the credit card you really paid with (Paypal is just a useful mediator) and phone the 1-800 customer service number. Ask the clerk about a chargeback.

She will need your transaction numbers, payment amounts, currency, dates etc. to process the refund.

Basically, the purpose of the tracking number is to protect the seller against phoney non-delivery claims. No number means the seller has left herself wide open to scam claims.

This is a big problem for Canadian sellers because tracked shipping is very expensive through Canada Post.  I can send a 400 gram book across the country for $5.05 *if it is less than 2cm thick without tracking . If I want tracking , the postage more than doubles**.

*LetterMail

** Regular Parcel.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply