I have several inquiries about taking an item off auction -and selling it with a buy it now price-

I am a new seller- I've been asked twice to take an item off the auction listing and to sell it early.  Drawbacks?  Consequences? 

There is 5+ days left on the item.  I've said NO twice.  The item does NOT have a buy it now price.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have several inquiries about taking an item off auction -and selling it with a buy it now price-

Woot!!

You are going to do well with this auction in all likelihood!

The bottom feeders pull this stunt on underpriced items by naive new sellers.

You  did the right thing.

Most bids arrive in the last hours , even moments, of a listing.

This is even true of items that are listed at Fixed Price on a 30 Day/ automatic relist. Strange.

So.

You did the right thing.

A polite answer to these bottom feeders along the lines of "Thank you for your interest. I would like to have the auction run its course since I am new at all this. Please consider bidding. You may even get it below your offer. I'll take that chance.'

But with two offers you should get more bids. Some may already be placed with online sniping services which will activate the bids in the last seconds of the auction. Fingers crossed.

You have 80 characters free in your titles. Could I suggest revising the Avengers car to add Bentley John Steed Emma Peel (unless it is one of the other sidekicks)? Titles are your best advertising. Use those free keystrokes.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply