I left feedback for the wrong item. Should I change it?

I ordered a bunch of similar items (rubber o-rings) from several sellers. One lot of them came today along with a couple of other items. I checked that they were OK, went through my Purchase History to find them and thought I left feedback for them, then selected Leave More Feedback to do the other items. The o-rings I thought I had just left feedback for was in the list of items I had not left feedback for so I went back to my Purchase history and realized I had left the feedback for a batch that had not yet arrived.

What concerns me is that I clicked that they arrived before the promised date when they are not here yet and that could cause a problem if they do not arrive and I need to start an action (it happens occasionally).

What do you think, should I try to change the feedback or just leave it and take a chance?

For that matter' how do you change feedback? Can it be simply removed and re-issued later when the item arrives?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah. I guess I'll just have to leave it as it is and see what happens.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Don't worry about it.  Lots of people leave the wrong FB for the wrong seller.  As long as you don't leave a negative for someone really good.  The way FB is changed is if the seller sends the buyer a request for a FB revision.  You can't do it by yourself.  And the way it gets removed is if you left something terrible that violates an eBay FB policy. 

That question about the item arriving on time is an unfair question on a seller's FB page because once they drop your item in the mail however long it takes is up to the postal systems of the world.  The seller should not ever be graded on if something arrives on time or not because it has nothing to do with them.  It is literally out of their hands.  Stupid eBay sometimes. 

If any of your other things don't arrive, you have 30 days AFTER that last date of delivery to file a claim for "Not Received".  Whatever FB you left doesn't make a difference, it's not "proof" of anything, except that buyers sometimes get the listings mixed up. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can't change positive feedback.  If the item doesn't arrive you can still file a claim regardless of what was said in feedback.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yeah. I guess I'll just have to leave it as it is and see what happens.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply