I live in Quebec Canada do I have to pay duty on biotin supplements, bought from a seller in USA?

I live in Quebec Canada, do I have to pay duty on biotin supplements bought from a seller in USA?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I live in Quebec Canada do I have to pay duty on biotin supplements, bought from a seller in USA?

Probably not duty but maybe taxes and a handling charge

depending on how much your order is and how it is shipped.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Probably not duty but maybe taxes and a handling charge

depending on how much your order is and how it is shipped.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Member thanks a lot for your answer. Ruth
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If the value is over $20 expect to pay GST and PST plus a service charge from the shipper. Duty is unlikely, unless the product is produced outside North America and the seller states that on the customs form. Most don't.

The service charge can vary from $5 to $25 or more depending on the shipper. The most expensive are couriers like UPS or FedEx.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I was wondering about this too.... one seller from the USA said there were NO CHARGES at the Cdn border IF the package was marked as being "A GIFT".... but someone told me that it isn't a guarantee of avoiding Customs scrutiny because "if the seller is a store and has sent 100s of "gifts" then Customs starts to get curious and then can tack on the charges or send it back"

So - any more experiences with packages from the USA with Duty/Taxes/Customs?? Or is it settled at GST + Service Charge?

AND - is it any different in BC than in Quebec? [allo Quebecois 🙂 }

Message 5 of 5
latest reply