I'm selling sports cards. How can I set up my post so the buyer can choose from a list?

I'm looking to sell multiple football cards from a single set.

How can I sell as a "Pick from List" or "Pick 5 for $1"?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm selling sports cards. How can I set up my post so the buyer can choose from a list?

This type of selling is discouraged by eBay. -- it has the problem of figuring out what buyers thought they were buying -- which leads to disputes.

-..-

I suppose you could set it up as a Buy-It-Now with everything you have available listed in the description -- and with the option of making an offer -- where the buyer offer would include the cards they want and the price they want to pay. You the seller then accept or reject. That way the eBay system has the details of what is being sold before the actual purchase is made. Far fewer problems.

So they could buy all of the cards or just some of the cards,

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Perhaps the first question should be : How will this cover its costs?

And in those costs should not only be eBay and Paypal fees, but at least minimum wage for yourself (and/or assistants). The minimum wage in Ontario is 18 cents a minute btw.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Isn't this a job for the multi-variation tool? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Isn't this a job for the multi-variation tool? 

Don't think so.

Eligible categories:

*  Baby
*  Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
*  Crafts
*  Health & Beauty
*  Home & Garden (most sub-categories)
*  Jewellery & Watches
*  Pet Supplies
*  Sporting Goods

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/listing-variations.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/variations-selling-manager-pro.html

-..-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hmmm. So much for that idea. 

Can you group the cards into bundles or sets based on even a thin premise? Bundles such as this often sell really well. Even if the cards only look nice together due to a colour schemes or something. 

Stamp sellers have this down to an art form. (And I mean that as a compliment.) Each stamp may be valued at not a lot but in collecting ten that are horse-themed, for example, from various countries at various values, a lovely set is created where one did not exist before. Maybe check your friendly neighbourhood ebay stamp sellers for inspiration on how you may be able to bundle your own sports cards. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply