I paid for an item then the shipper increased shipping fees

Community Member
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The seller cannot demand more money after the sale.

BUT.

Is the seller is the USA and using the Global Shipping Program to expedite shipping? The listing would have these words:

Customs services and international tracking provided

Then the amount that you will be charged for Canadian duty and sales tax plus a service fee will appear. This is not a change, but part of the agreement.

Sometimes buyers mistake the domestic shipping charge for the charge to Canada. The shipping rate will be under the Shipping and Handling tab.

Sometimes buyers will purchase without getting a firm quote on the cost of shipping to Canada. The seller may then refuse the sale, or give the buyer what he considers a fair price for shipping. The buyer who bids blind is deemed to be agreeable to this.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That is not allowed on eBay. If you bought the item in the listing and shipping was free or there was a specified amount, then that is all you are required to pay. You should't pay anything extra besides the listing fees already listed once you won the auction/item. Let the seller know this and if anything, contact eBay customer service and notify them.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The seller cannot demand more money after the sale.

BUT.

Is the seller is the USA and using the Global Shipping Program to expedite shipping? The listing would have these words:

Customs services and international tracking provided

Then the amount that you will be charged for Canadian duty and sales tax plus a service fee will appear. This is not a change, but part of the agreement.

Sometimes buyers mistake the domestic shipping charge for the charge to Canada. The shipping rate will be under the Shipping and Handling tab.

Sometimes buyers will purchase without getting a firm quote on the cost of shipping to Canada. The seller may then refuse the sale, or give the buyer what he considers a fair price for shipping. The buyer who bids blind is deemed to be agreeable to this.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply