Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Question on TSR evaluation.

"When your transaction volume is low to moderate, eBay evaluates your performance based on your count of low ratings received over a 12-month period. When transaction volume is high, we look at your rate (%) of low ratings over a 3-month period." Wha...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can I bulk edit tax table for HST?

Hi - I now need to edit about 400 listings to change from the 8% I was charging on Ontario sales to the new 13% HST. I thought I read somewhere that there is a way to do this in bulk edit, but I can't see it. Help anyone? Also, I started manually doi...

When paying eBay fees...

When trying to pay eBay fees via the "one-time-payment" link on eBay's "Account page, we now get this message: You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks. These guys are unbelievable :^O Berni...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Capturing GST/HST from shipping costs

We mail at least 6,000 Light & Small packets/year and, in the past, did not bother claiming the GST as ITC. However, with the implementation of the HST, the $$'s are larger. Is there a good method of bulk capturing the HST paid on shipping? We create...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question about the new "Lists" section in the left menu

Hi, You probably noticed some changes in My eBay left menu, a new "Lists" section. Thing is, the only section that interests me is about selling, but this section of the menu is at the bottom of "Buy" and "Lists" and I need to scroll down to access t...

Your message to Xyz wasn't sent. Revise and resend.

Customer asked for some instructions, so I send him the PDF attachment via email (reply to eBay proxy address) and got this back: To protect our members, eBay doesn't allow certain types of content in member-to-member emails. Because of security conc...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problem with Selling Manager

For some reason my Selling Manager has gone from regular size to teensy weensy almost unreadable size crowded onto the left half of the page. When I switch into the Basic Selling view it is fine and so is everything else in my store. This is happenin...

Sales Down Since June, Please Help.

Hi, This is practically my fist summer season, and the sales have been going down since early June. I checked my listings, they're still on first page of best match results, but viewership and "watch-ship" have been down significantly. I thought it w...

Can a customer still leave feedback if they don't pay?

I have sold an item on Wednesday, and although the shipping charges are clealy stated in the description of the item, I sent an invoice on Thursday since I had not heard anything from the buyer. I sent a reminder yesterday night (Sunday). I will wait...

Purolator - SNR

Anyone use Purolator for shipping? We ship some items that are either too big or too heavy for Canada Post. We also have a national account that has reduced rates and is better then the Canada Post / Paypal agreement for some of our items. We shipped...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is anybody else having problems at the border?

I just got refused entry today - apparently I didn't have a Certificate of Origin sheet for 6 orders worth $120.00.:O Come to think of it, I had an inquiry last month from Fedex Trade Networks over the CoO form as well, but they finally discovered th...

OT - Into the wild (again)

I'm heading out into the great wilderness again. If all goes as planned I should be back in mid-August. You can find out more about my trip and follow along via live tracking by visiting my web page. George River canoe trip 2010

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

AdCommerce to be discontinued ???

I just received an email from AdCommerce : We know you've either registered for or purchased AdCommerce pay-per-click advertising placements recently to promote your eBay Store or listings. We wanted to let you know this advertising program will be d...

Update on closing of my store! YEAH!

Hi Everyone, Well, sales are up, up and up here and in my loft store! I've gone from over 4,000 listings at Christmas time to 939 as I'm writing this note! I still have a good ways to go....but making progress! Hopefully my GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE...

HST question, I know it's getting boring...

I'm pretty sure Pierre can answer this... Since I have to remit HST for sales to HST registered provinces I was just wondering how those provinces will receive their cut. HST is a combination of GST and PST and I beleive the PST part should go to the...

Poorly timed call from Ebay

Just got a call from someone at Ebay who wondered if I had a few minutes to discuss my Ad Commerce advertising. When I growled at her that she was calling on a holiday she wondered why we were celebrating the US July 4 holiday today,When i told her w...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Discussion Board Upgrade -- Bug Reports

Hi there, it's lilybean from the Canada team. As you can see, we have upgraded the Canada discussion boards to offer several new features, along with a new look that is more “eBay" (visit http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200903.shtml#2009-03-30150011 for t...

Is there cross-border courier/agent in GTA / Niagara ?

Is there a business in Toronto or Niagara area that would transport and clear small shipments across border and insert them into USPS / UPS mailstream ? I am considering establishing such enterprise within this/next year (CA -> US to start), but do n...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day everyone!...I hope everyone enjoys a safe and fun holiday, and takes some time out for family and friends. I know I will be using the holiday for a much deserved break, and the weather is just gorgeous here in Ontario! Also a reminde...

To Charge Tax Up Front or To Absorb....That Is The Question

Question for you guys, with the HST soon to take effect, and some CP rates going up within Canada as a result, I have had several different personal conversations with different eBayers as to what they regard as the "best plan" regarding tax collecti...

how to remove the nagative feedback ?

hi guys my ebay account received a nagative feedback recently,and the buyer want to change the nagative feedback,but my ebay account have exceeded my current Feedback revision request limit,who can tell me how to remove the nagative feedback ?? pleas...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

PLEASE HELP!!

Hey guys, Do you know what just happened? As you know, when you ship an item to the states from Canada by expedited, the tracking only updates once the item is delivered. Until then, it stays at "Item left Canada" and it usually takes about 2 weeks t...

Important - Sales Tax on Postal Services (GST/HST)

From Canada Post - Collection of Sales Taxes Most Canada Post goods and services are subject to the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST), and to the Provincial Sales Tax (PST or QST) or to the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), where applicable. Effective J...

Collectables sellers, I need your opinion about a situation here

Hi, first, I have to say that I thought about that situation for weeks before to decide to ask other sellers, as I am doing today. I just can't understand what is going on, and why, maybe you guys can help me understand, and possibly give ideas or su...

Rolling blackouts...

I have seen the term "rolling blackouts" used frequently in posts on the U.S. board and on Auctionbytes. Can anyone tell me exactly what that is? Is eBay making some of the listings invisible in search for periods of time and, if so, what is the purp...

Lower price is not everything

Had a customer, who was looking to buy a wholesale pack of product. I was surprised this customer made the purchase from us for $175 inc. shipping while knew he could have ordered that item direct from wholesaler for $147. He told me they never answe...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.