I placed a bid and the seller is in the US and hasn't responded to my international shipping cos

t.rose.27
Community Member

I placed a bid and the seller is in the US and hasn't responded to my international shipping cost. I want to pay for t he item but it wont let me unless I contact the seller, which I did or if i change my address. I am new to this so I just want to make sure I am taking the appropriate steps. Do I need to have a US address for some products?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I placed a bid and the seller is in the US and hasn't responded to my international shipping cos

Some sellers, particularly in the USA, will not ship outside the lower 48 states.

It is important to check BEFORE BIDDING that the seller will ship to Canada and to get a firm quote on shipping. When you use SEARCH change the option from "Best Match" which is pretty useless, to "Highest Price +Shipping" (or "Lowest Price + Shipping" but that will get you al lot of carp before showing the reasonable stuff).

That Search will ignore any sellers who don't have a set cost for shipping to Canada.

For this seller, look back at the listing, if he does not have a shipping price for Canada, he is unlikely to want to ship to you. If he does not respond to your email...

Well, you could force the issue by paying with the US shipping charge, which would make him pay attention and also prevent him from opening an Unpaid Item Dispute. (You really don't want one of those.)

Or you could email again and ask for a Mutual Cancellation which is a friendly way of ending a transaction.

There is a learning curve. Ask any questions you like.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply