I purchased from and they took a very long time to send it from China.

I purchased from and they took a very long time to send it from China.  When I got it, I tested it and found it did not work.  I contacted them and was told to send it back.  Due to the time it took to ship me the item, I could not file any feed back.   I think we should be given at least 90 days or more from China!  I sent it back and they claim they did not receive it, so I never got a refund. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First, open a claim with Paypal.

Second give PP the tracking number on the package you returned.

PP has a 180 day deadline for claims.

However, it sounds as if you did not use tracking. Which is reasonable since that costs $40 or more.

So.

Go to the credit card you really paid with. The one you back your PP account with (PP is just a mediator). Now phone the 1-800 number on the back and ask the clerk about a chargeback.

She will have questions about the transaction: dates. payments, transaction numbers both PP and eBay, etc.

Some cards still ask about proof of delivery but many allow proof of shipping. So have your PO receipt with the invoice number on it handy.

In future, remember that the China-made stuff we buy is usually made to the exact specifications of a Western brand who watch carefully to see that they get what they pay for.

The off-band stuff is cheap, incorrectly described or counterfeit.

Don't buy anything from China unless you are either willing to pay for the tracked return or to toss it if it is garbage.

And is something takes more than 30 days to arrive, open a Dispute and get a refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What I would like to see from ebay is a long time that we can comment on the vendor from China.  By time I got the goods, it was too late to live a comment.

Thanks for the idea to talk to the credit card company. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If the seller left any feedback you can add a Response to that indefinitely.

Like the most effective feedback, the most effective Responses are calm and factual.

The Response doesn't make any difference to the seller's account, but does help relieve your stress and disappointment. And because Responses stand out on a page, they are easily seen by future buyers choosing who they want to deal with.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply