I received a damaged item.

I will NEVER purchase from ever again. He sent me a die cast metal car that was damaged prior to shipping and won't do anything for me. He claims that I waited to long to complain but being in Canada I had to drive an hour to pick it up at a border pick up depot in the USA. It was in a cardboard box that was NOT LABELLED FRAGILE but had no sign of damage whatsoever. It was wrapped carefully with bubble wrap and the car was in its original window box and that had no visible damage. It was apparent that it had to be shipped broken and it is die cast metal; not plastic. He led me to believe that he was waiting for UPS to place a claim but when I sent him photos of the cartons with no visible damage, he knew that UPS would agree that it wasn't damaged in shipping and they would not allow a claim. He wasted my time for almost two months knowing that my time to report him would expire. This is the very first time that I have experienced a problem shopping on Ebay during the last six or seven years. Seller told me it's my fault for waiting too long and he is not willing to do anything for me. Very poor businessman, very BAD service!!!!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I received a damaged item.

Within 45 from purchase:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

After that:

Go to the credit card you used to pay for the car. Paypal is only the processor, keeping your financial information private. Call the customer service 1-800 number. Ask the rep about a chargeback.

Do this immediately. While cards have longer deadlines than PP, they do have deadlines and apparently you purchased over 60 days ago.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

This is becoming far too big a problem on Ebay. Sellers send damaged items, wrong items, or what they want and really don't care. They just say return for refund and buyers are out return shipping with tracking as Ebay dictates. Almost every 2nd item item I buy has problems. I am a seller as well and it is getting to the point I will buy elsewhere as well. Just too many hassels and not just with new sellers, even sellers with huge feedback just don't seem to care any more and neither does Ebay. Ebay needs to fix this and not remove negatives buyers leave. They are deserved and should remain.

These types of issues are all over the boards lately and Ebay should wake up. Make sellers responsible for their mistakes  or shady dealings instead of penalizing buyers. With shipping costs constantly going up, buyers will get more and more upset.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

reallynice - It is no longer 45 days but 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

But 45 days from purchase.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

EBay does not protect buyers...only sellers and I am stuck with a broken $150 die cast collector car that is worthless. I will not purchase through EBay again! Report times are too short.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What did your credit card company say? They usually allow between 60 and 120 days for chargebacks.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seller's can not even give out honest feedback on transactions?!  Buyers can do and say what they want ad sellers sit back and watch their hard fought reputations be completely tarnished, slandered, forced to refund buyer's that only have to say my items not good,,etc. Hands of sellers are completely tied. If a seller does not ship with tracking which is so expensive no buyer wants to pay it and the buyer says they didn't receive...the seller is forced to refund!!!

Wow, sounds like seller's sure are protected by ebay.

No freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!! no recourse if a buyer is shady, none  Thank God that most people are understanding, very reasonable and fair.

Believe the last statement or not but most buyer's aren't out to screw anyone.  It only takes a couple outrageous buyer's to ruin a seller.  While they sit back and watch someone who had a bad day, previous bad experience , etc ruin their business and cannot say or do anything about it.

Though other's want to blame sellers how about ebay educating all, seller's buyer's etc. They do say somethings, but educating buyer's and sellers not so much. Though it doesn't always matter. People seem to come into ebay with a negative attitude.

I wonder how many know WHO sellers really are? How people decide that a seller actually wants to screw someone over.?????

I received a negative from someone who said I knowingly sold a broken item??? How would I expect to run a business, that feeds my kids, I've put my heart and soul into etc. by doing thaht!!??  No contact, nothing. Excellent feedback, a return policy that is 100%  no questions asked money back, no requirement to even return unsatisfactory items.

Ebay protects seller's!!! Disgusting, hilarious, sad etc. Though I've been a buyer longer than a seller and can see why some might get so fed up and angry. But if you feel that way quit buying on ebay. If people can't see the difference between a faceless money making business and the rest of us, it just gets worse across the board. Good honest sellers doing their best, with proof like feedback, excellent customer service being slandered and reputation  blackmarked because someone is jaded. Contact your seller before you make assumptions. Most are very willing to help, feel badly, would like to fix the problem if  they caused it. We need to work together, buyer's and seller's, NOT against eachother. There are bad people out there but much, much more of us all want the same thing. Smooth transactions where everyone is happy.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I think you might want to go somewhere else and sell. Making statements like these are spreading the overall attitude that ebay is only a place to get screwed. Being a asset to any community certainly isn't spewing negativity. Seller's should want to make their customers happy and make the best experience. How do you think that sounds coming from a seller? Spreading negativity telling buyer's that sellers are nothing but cheaters that don't care?  Thats going to help ebay be a better place?? Why do you want that?

Someone who truly cares and is a respectable person would try and do everything to improve things. Not be part of the problem, spreading that **bleep**.

This is a place of business, if you aren't willing to be a part of the solution, you are the problem. Really????

Many on ebay are greatful as I am. I can stay home with my kids and put food on th table. I deal with people all over the world. I also learned a very important lesson, most people out there are good, honest people, and yes I learned that from ebay. One reason I have the 100% guarantee on my items, with buyer's not having to even return the unsatisfactory item. Most are honest. I hope other's also know that.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

leanna -- Most of your items are sold as Fixed Price. You can't see your customers' feedback until after he has purchased. The only purpose for negative feedback is revenge.

You can leave a Response to any feedback, but remember your future customers will also read them and will form an opinion of you from it.

So no CAPS. No exclamation points!!! No vulgarity or namecalling.

The most effective Responses, like the most effective feedback is calm and factual. Let your nemesis look like a drooling anger monkey, you are a professional.

If a seller does not ship with tracking which is so expensive no buyer wants to pay it and the buyer says they didn't receive...the seller is forced to refund!!!

So you self-insure, adding a little to every purchase price to cover the very occasional claim of loss or damage. Some of which may actually be true.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply