I received a tracking number from ebay, but when i click on the link i get an error

warca72
Community Member

Last week I purchased an item from ebay and receive an email with a tracking number.  When I click on the link I get an error message stating that I am "not the buyer or seller" of the item and can not access the info.  What?  I'm obviously one of the parties involved since my email address was used by ebay to send the tracking number.  How can I get acess to the info.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I received a tracking number from ebay, but when i click on the link i get an error

Hello 'warca72',

You don't say what the item is or where you purchased it from, but the basic principles still apply.

Tracking is very useful but if the seller made a mistake in entering the numbers, provided a fake number,

or you bought from a GSP listing it can be a bit out of whack.  One thing to have on hand is the Canada Post

site, so if the tracking number is genuine, once it enters the country it will show up here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

What is more important is knowing how to get a refund if the item does not show up at all. 

You have 45 days (just over 6 weeks) to file a claim for 'not received'.  The following link explains

how to go about it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

No one here can tell you why you are getting that particular message, - we're not able to see it.

These boards are peopled by other members just like yourself. 

I'd say start by asking the seller if the tracking number is correct, -- ask him what he sees when he

clicks on the link.  How he answers will provide you with a few clues.  If it is a GSP listing it will take

a needlessly long winding road to your house, - made worse by the fact that even if you are able to

view the tracking info, it will likely end by saying it is "Delivered" to Kentucky.

That is the processing center, -- from there it will be forwarded on to you eventually.

Just don't ever let that day 45 pass you by.  At any time, if you have no item and no money by

no later than day 43, open a claim, and don't close it until you have one or the other.

Enjoy your new item. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
latest reply