I sold shoes on ebay but now the Canadian Post Office is on strike,,is it wise to send the parcel .

sold some shoes but now the post is on strike is it wise to send or not in Canada..Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I sold shoes on ebay but now the Canadian Post Office is on strike,,is it wise to send the parce

ouim-nico
Community Member

Hi, you can send the parcel using another carrier like FedEx or UPS. You can also try to contact the buyer . I'm dealing with the same problem I bought an item from France and told the seller to wait for my Ok before sending it in Canada. Ebay will remove any negatve feedbacks due to the strike. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: I sold shoes on ebay but now the Canadian Post Office is on strike,,is it wise to send the parce

@wearsmyshoes wrote:

sold some shoes but now the post is on strike is it wise to send or not in Canada..Thanks

At the moment the post office is not on strike.

The union has to give 3 day notice, which they have not done yet.

Earliest start date is currently Wednesday, July 6 (but only if CUPW gives notice) www.cupw.ca

So the question is: how far do your shoes have to go?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Since your shoes are bulky enough to go parcel rate, they are automatically tracked.

Contact your buyer, explain the labour situation,offer to cancel the sale.

Of she is willing to take a chance, ship and give her the tracking number.

You can't not ship at this point, in my opinion.

Sorry.

And move all your listings to Unsold.

Oh! -- Are you in the Toronto or Vancouver area? There may be another option.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There is no actual strike or lockout at present. One is threatened on the horizon. 

Is your buyer domestic or international? What is the delivery standard? Check here for domestic https://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/ds/default.aspx?ecid=murl08002548 or here for international 

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1.

You are also able to use service by courier to ship. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If there is a strike, it will not last forever. You can still use Canada Post, it will just take a bit longer to get there if a strike does occur.

This is a non-issue for me!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply