I was left neutral feedback from a buyer who would not answer my questions as to what was wrong?

Hi:

Back in January I sold a movie to a buyer who left me neutral feedback which stated "the shipping was fast and the item is in good condition"

When i received the feedback I asked him - on the feedback board - if there was a problem with his purchase - he never answered and ignore me after repeated attempts to see if there was a problem.  It was not about how it may look to have a neutral feedback - it was having a buyer state there shipping was fast and item in good condition just made me really wonder...............

So, just last week I started to look into things a little deeper and found that this particular buyer has left neutral feedback for 6 out of his total of 30 transactions - and all feedback comments are in the area of "item is good" "it works" the item is still in good condition"

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to a better approach I could take with the buyer to really find out what was wrong.

Am I just being too paranoid and sensitive (this I know is true - I have been trying to work on taking everything so personally  but when you only have your name and not a store to hide behind it is very personal)?

And...........on a completely different subject but so excited about it I feel this need to share Woman LOLWoman LOL- 10 months and 2.3 pounds of hair pulled directly from my head, I, Laura-Lee, listed her first item using calculated shipping that actually is correct and works like a dream; a dream literally because for some reason I woke up from a dead sleep at 4:45 A.M., walked to my office, listed a book and the knowledge was just there - it was totally magic - I was given the gift.

O.K. sorry about that but I have been fighting for so, so long to get this to work

That is about all - if anyone has any ideas for me as to the neutral feedback it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

queenbeecanada

queenbeecanada
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was left neutral feedback from a buyer who would not answer my questions as to what was wrong?

I'd try contacting eBay about this buyer.  If the neutral-positive FB is a habit, they may remove it entirely.  Don't forget that neutral now equals "defect", so it's probably worth some lost time on the telephone to eBay to try to get it dealt with.

I've never used calculated shipping (only flat rate) because I like to keep direct control over my shipping costs (and I "subsidize" my buyers' shipping), so I unfortunately can't share in your joy, but it seems calculated shipping is a big headache for a lot of people.  If it's any consolation, somewhere recently I read that eBay stated the majority of its sellers currently use flat rate shipping -- who knows how many of those have given up on calculated.  Best of luck in any case!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can call ebay but not much will happen... If you have contacted the buyer a few times already just leave it at that becausey ou do not want to get to the point where you annoy them ...

I have had a NEG saying Thanks or no longer in my feedback I have had Negs saying everything was awesome perfect seller..

You never know if it was a mistake or they actually meant to do it ...

Maybe everything but one thing was good so they decided positive comment but neutral feedback.....

Anyways Good luck and take care

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'd try contacting eBay about this buyer.  If the neutral-positive FB is a habit, they may remove it entirely.  Don't forget that neutral now equals "defect", so it's probably worth some lost time on the telephone to eBay to try to get it dealt with.

I've never used calculated shipping (only flat rate) because I like to keep direct control over my shipping costs (and I "subsidize" my buyers' shipping), so I unfortunately can't share in your joy, but it seems calculated shipping is a big headache for a lot of people.  If it's any consolation, somewhere recently I read that eBay stated the majority of its sellers currently use flat rate shipping -- who knows how many of those have given up on calculated.  Best of luck in any case!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I wouldn't approach the buyer any more about it. As others have said, you can try contacting customer service and ask to have it removed but that may or may not work.

Congrats on the calculated shipping. It works well as long as the measurements match the service chosen. 🙂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you - everyone - for all your advice and thank you rose-dee - I did not know that neutral feedback means defect and I am taking your advice and contacting e-bay.  I believe that my product was in good condition and I have tried to rectify the situation with the buyer and have continued to be ignore.

I admit that what I sold was "one a dvd and two a small sale" - but I held up my end of the deal (or so I hope - but will never know because of buyers lack of care) and if a buyer is just acting willy-nilly with feedback - willy nilly - very professional don't you think?Smiley LOL

Again, thank you all for your feedback - truly appreciated and defiantly glad I worked up the courage to ask this question because I have to admit I felt a little stupid in asking it.

Thank you,

Laura-Lee

queenbeecanada
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You're very welcome!  And really, no question or problem is stupid here, it's just one you haven't encountered before.

I still regularly pick up tips and hints by reading the discussion boards.  Since sellers have varying experience, backgrounds and item types for sale, it seems there's always something new to learn.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

So did ebay end up removing it?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply