I will no longer shop ebay as I unfairly lost an action that I had highest bid.

I was bidding on an item of which both myself and another bidder placed bids seconds before end. My bid was the highest however I did not win auction. I find this totally unfair and will no longer shop ebay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure I understand. If you were the highest bidder, you would have won the auction. Not lost it. 

Or are you saying that you were the highest bidder until someone else came along at the last second and outbid you?

That tactic is called sniping. It is considered an acceptable method of winning auctions anywhere in the world of auctions. The item goes to the highest bidder, period. 

I understand you are disappointed. Maybe stick to Buy It Now items where there is no guesswork. 

The thrill of auctions is not for everyone. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you want to increase your chances of winning auctions on eBay, look into sniper programs like EZ sniper.  

I've used them for over 10 years with no problems... Good Luck!    

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Look at the list of bidders and the time of the bids more closely.

There are two reasons you may have lost.

It is possible that another bidder made a higher bid a nano-second after you.

But it is the fact that it was a higher bid that made it the winning bid.

Or another bidder may have made a higher bid earlier than you.

The eBay robots will only show the current high bid, not the bidder's maximum bid.

So if you see a bid of $5 and bid $6 at the very last second, you are bidding against the high bid.

But that $5 bidder may actually have a $6 (or $60) bid as her maximum and she bid earlier than you.

The robots look at your last second bid, compare it to the other bidder's maximum bid and choose the winner based on time and amount.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply