I would like to cancel my offer

dothi_05
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to cancel my offer, then i did contact with seller and explaining why have i to cancel, but it seems that the seller who did not want to hear my reason, i was explained that i can not pay it because i have received laid off my work just for few days ago, so i have to save my life before spend my money for clothing, then i asked seller to cancel my purchase  but the seller who has opened unpaid case at the moment. What will i do in this case, please help me ? Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

When you BUY from a seller on eBay, it is not an "offer", it is a "purchase".

"...the seller who has opened unpaid case at the moment..."

Two choices:

1 - Pay.

2 - Do not pay and do not answer the complaint against you.  A "strike" will be recorded by eBay against you.  If you accumulate too many strikes (four or more), you will be prevented using this site in the future.  The seller has no choice but to open a case against you as he has already been charged fees by eBay for this transaction.  The only way to recover the fees is to file a dispute.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
I sympatise that you've received a kay off notice. However, many sellers earn their living here. So you are, in essence, doing the same to him/her. This seller probably will not relist this item until the issue with you is solved. His/her item not sits in limbo. When it could be on the market for someone who intends to pay. Please stay off eBay until you intend to pay for items that you promised to buy. Harsh, maybe, but think of the seller!!!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I had a seller do something similar, but a little different, they also had the make an offer option. I explained to the seller that I was interested in 7 items. I wanted to know what the total cost would be...if my offers were accepted. She had listed additional items shipped for just over $2.00 each, I explained when I know what her price would be I  would calculate the duty and exchange rate and know then if it was of value to me to make the purchase. The seller then listed the item as offers accepted and purchased. And the amount was too high. even the additional combined shipping charges had been inflated to over the $3.00 mark.....in violation of the listed ads. I informed her that I had explained right off the start that I was not purchasing, but wanted to know the price, and that her shipping was higher than listed. I received a cold reply of "an offer is the same as a purchase. I guess after 9 years I am going to have my 1st bad mark of=r feedback, I will not be taken advantage of by someone with that kind of crooked business ethic.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

When you click on the make an offer button. It's just that., YOU ARE MAKING AN OFFER. If you want to inquire about something, there is a link on all listing pages to ask question!!!! Please read what you are doing, as the make an offer warns you before going on that you are entering into a contract to buy!!!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"I had a seller do something similar, but a little different, they also had the make an offer option."

The only similarity is that you both want to back out of a contract that you initiated.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks you for all,

I have replied to seller that i could not pay my item offer, then i have explained my reason why i can not, from there i did not received any message from seller.....

Thanks so much,

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks so much your message,

I am always stay out from ebay, then now i can not looking something on ebay with my situation now,

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Appreciate that opening a non-paying bidder case is not personal. It is the only way the seller can get the ebay selling fee back.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply