If I don't use a shipping method with tracking am I going to loose my Top Rated Status?

I have read all of the fall Seller Updates and all of the information regarding the new defect rate but I'm still confused. I am currently a top rated seller and from what I understand, if I don't upload a valid tracking number for 90% of my sales, then I will not qualify for top rated status? Is that correct? Canada post does not have a cost effective method with a tracking number for the type of items I sell. I try to keep things as flat as possible and send most things my Light Pack USA or Small Pack USA. Neither has tracking and if I used tracked package, I would never sell another item as often shipping would be as much as the product. Now that Ebay takes a FVF on shipping they of course would benefit if I use a more expensive method to ship but my sales would plummet. I already subsidize my shipping fees to attract US buyers. I really value my Top rated status and the discount it gives me. can someone confirm if this is correct?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If I don't use a shipping method with tracking am I going to loose my Top Rated Status?

You are a Top Rated Seller on eBay.ca (Global requirements)

You are not on eBay.com (USA requirements)

Take a look at any of your listings on eBay.ca.  You will notice "Top Rated Seller" next to your feedback rating.  Check the items on eBay.com and there is no mention of you being a "Top Rated Seller"

It has been that way for a few years.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You still get the 20% discount on all listings if you are a TRS just on .ca

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

So to remain TRS on .ca I don't have to meet the tracked packager requirements?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Right. You can be a TRS on .ca without have validated tracking.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply