If I move all my listing to eBay.com (USD)do I still work through eBay.ca or does com becomes home ?

I am totally frustrated with the changes that eBay is applying for June 15th as many people are. So I am trying to stay on eBay and not close up.. The question is...If I move all my listing to eBay.com (USD) I know that I can still work through eBay.ca so does COM becomes home ? Or does it not really matter they are one of the same..

Also with so many cards listed where is it really better to be with CAD or USD ?

Thanks,

Lou

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If I move all my listing to eBay.com (USD)do I still work through eBay.ca or does com becomes home ?

The main reason to be on eBay CANADA in my opinion is to be able to use Calculated Shipping for Canada Post's parcel services.

For me that means mos of my new listings will be on dotCOM because I use FreeShipping/Flat Rate unless my item will go over 2cm thick or 500 grams. Below those I can use Letter Post/Light Packet.

Don't panic about using Free Shipping-- it just means including the cost of shipping in the asking price for your item.

Which is cheaper :

A $5 lot with $1 shipping?

A $6 lot with Free Shipping?

Since I want to include both Canada and the USA in Free Shipping, if I am on dotCOM I enable Free Shipping for the USA and Flat Rate $0.00 for Canada. For dotCA it's the reverse.

If I move all my listing to eBay.com (USD) I know that I can still work through eBay.ca so does COM becomes home ?

I have been listing on both sites (and occasionally on the UK or the Australian site) for years and eBay Canada remains my home site.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you move your listings to eBay.com, you cannot use .ca to do it. You have to be on .com. So in that sense, .com becomes home, yes. However, to print your labels through PayPal, you'll have to log in on .ca (at least that's how I understand it).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You also have to use the messaging service on .ca.

I am always signed into both sites so if I am on .com and want to reply to an eBay message, I am automatically taken to .ca to do that.

Revising a listing has to be done on the site where the listing originated.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply