If a title is different than the description in a listing, which is correct? eg. Title says 100 feathers, description says 50 feathers.

I purchased an item and the listing title says  "20 - 5 Feather Bundles Hair Extensions 7"-12" 100 Feathers Total Whiting Grizzly".   However, the description says "10 - 5 Feather Bundles Hair Extensions 7"-12"  50 Feathers Total Whiting Grizzly".  The seller only shipped me 10 bundles for a total of 50 feathers.   I was expecting 20 bundles.

Which takes precedence, the title or the description?

Should I ask the seller for the missing 10 bundles (50 feathers)?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If a title is different than the description in a listing, which is correct? eg. Title says 100 feathers, description says 50 feathers.

Hi.. title and description must be consistent and you would have grounds for an item not as described if necessary.

The unconformity is pretty obvious , how did you miss before buying.

Contact seller. I could be wrong but looking at listing price i would think relates more to 20 rather than 10.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Contact the seller and ask how many bundles of feathers were shipped. If they say 20, there's no problem. If they say 10 and won't ship the missing 10 bundles and all you receive are 10 bundles, that's the time so consider opening the item not as described dispute.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Contact the seller, something that you should have done before bidding, actually.

Keep in mind that if he demands a return of the items before refunding, he is within his rights (stupid, but within his rights). You would be required to return the short shipment with Delivery Confirmation for the refund. If he is overseas, this would be ExpressPost International which starts around $40.

If he is uncooperative and you do not want to return with DC, you can express your disappointment through feedback and detailed seller ratings.

But do keep in mind, that the listing is clearly confused and that you bear some responsibility for bidding without drawing the problems to the seller's attention.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply