If i am under the legal age in my country, will i still be able to buy items such as a vaporizer?

I am 16 years old and i ordered a vaporizer, and the legal age in my country is 18. I was wondering if the mail man will not give me my item, or if he will need a parent to sign some papers or something, or if i will need to pick it up from the post office with a parent? Sorry i'm new to ebay! Any answer is appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If i am under the legal age in my country, will i still be able to buy items such as a vaporizer?

If you pick it up from post office, all you need is your ID card to verify the recipient of te package you ordered. If the seller requested a signature confirmation (that the buyer received the item), then someone in your household will have to sign when the mailman knockson your front door. I ddon't think there's an age requirement for a vaporizer. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you pick it up from post office, all you need is your ID card to verify the recipient of te package you ordered. If the seller requested a signature confirmation (that the buyer received the item), then someone in your household will have to sign when the mailman knockson your front door. I ddon't think there's an age requirement for a vaporizer. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks so much! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What are you vapourizing? Do you mean those cigarette things that are used to help addicts get away from using nicotine?

Technically you should not be able to buy anything on eBay since you are underage. Not even a Lego set or a copy of Harry Potter. The reason is that an "infant" (really, that's the term!) cannot sign a contract or be held to a contract, with a few exceptions relating to life threatening circumstances.

However, although you will have to show government-issued picture ID if the parcel is picked up at the Post Office, there should be no problem. Your passport or SIN card is usually fine. Some clerks will accept student IDs too.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply