If someone did a paypal claim on you, what do you do?

belldandyrose
Community Member
I've shipped it, no tracking number.

They got their money back via Paypal claims...

So...do I leave negative feedback? However I'm afraid that person will retaliate (unless I wait until the 90th day...)

I can't do a dispute on eBay I believe either.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

DO NOT leave a neg, you don't know if they ever received the package so they don't deserve a neg.

Save the feedback...I just this week had an amazing thing happen...

Dec 12 - buyer wins widget
Dec 13 - buyer pay via PayPal
Dec 15 - I ship (lettermail)
Jan 3 - buyer emails...not yet rec'd)
Jan 4 - I ask buyer to be patient until the 15th
Jan 16 - buyer files INR via PayPal
Jan 18 - I refund (no tracking so I would loose anyway)
Jan 19 - buyer agrees to mutual cancellation
Jan 20 - we both leave feedback (nice)
April 6 - buyer emails, widget finally arrived, would like to pay me!!!!
April 7 - I send buyer a PayPal money request
April 7 - BUYER PAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible but true. Of course you may not have the same luck but if you neg now I'd guess for sure the buyer will neg you back and if your widget does show up I doubt they will let you know about it.

My saint of a buyer has almost 5,000 Positives ALL from sellers and not a single neg!

Post the item number so we can look at your buyers profile.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

belldandyrose
Community Member
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ss-4-vegetto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6014750744&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

belldandyrose
Community Member
the buyer never responded to a single e-mail, and went straight to paypal -_- I also told him that it takes some time to produce >_<
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I would wait an additional 10 days. How did you send(service) and sent where ?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

belldandyrose
Community Member
sent to USA with stamps 😞

wait additional 10 days..? they already got it I am quite sure.

All the order parcels I shipped that same day were received.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

belldandyrose
Community Member
sorry meant to say, wait additional 10 days? they aready got the money back from paypal.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You have no tracking, you can't be positive it was delivered so the buyer does not deserve a neg. Just as you don't deserve a neg because you refunded. The buyer only has your word that you shipped as you only have his word that it was not received.

That's how it works here on eBay...you win most and you lose a few (over time probably 1% or much less). Just say "oh crap" and move along. In my original answer I could have said they must have received it the other 40 packages I sent that day were all delivered but that obviously was not the case. One thing for sure about you buyer, they will not hesitate to neg you back.

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If you have sent by small packet you do have some paperwork to prove the package was mailed. I would try emailing or faxing the copy to PayPal as proof of shipping BEFORE refunding the customer. You have a week-10 days to respond to the complaint so why not try all means before taking a hit and refunding for the item.....just a thought.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
That isnt enough for PayPal

If you sent an item small packet air you will lose so there is no point in fighting it.

Usually I send an explanatory email to the buyer explaining our policy for non receipt or item and they will cancel it themselves. Sometime I wait until the last day and send information to stall the decision for a little longer in case it arrives in that time, but 90% of the time they remove it themselves. Alot of people just don't understand and some are just con artists.

I think the most important thing to prevent this from happening is to make your policies very clear.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply