In a resolution dispute with ebay GERMANY they expect me to understan german?

Understandable all my auction in bold print say overseas shipping in a nutshell takes forever! if they want tracked insured shipping they are welcome to buy the extra coverage .... as well in the invoice I detail everything they nee too know including shipping time but yet they still start a dispute well before time of shipping is actually due .... no problem with that its the language I can't read German really guys you should have the language set from where the auction comes from ? I get to there resolution page and yes german .... how can you fight something you have no idea what there saying?  any good Ebay monitors have a solution

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Just use an online language translation site.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

so spend the time and cut and paste the whole ebay page ? should not have to jump threw those hoops i'm being hooped already

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The buyer purchased the item on the German site so that is where they have to file the dispute. If you are shipping overseas with ground shipping, some buyers will not want to wait the 4 weeks+ that it can take. If they wait too long than they will be unable to file a dispute if the item never reaches them.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@bizzaroscanada wrote:

so spend the time and cut and paste the whole ebay page ? should not have to jump threw those hoops i'm being hooped already

Try using Google Chrome.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

overseas shipping in a nutshell takes forever!

I ship to Europe fairly often and usually have feedback within two weeks.

Of course, I only use Air Mail services.

Your experience is why.

If you are having problems with overseas customers and delivery, then take charge of the problem.

Are your customers choosing a cheap slow shipping service and filing Claims when the item does not arrive within 7 weeks? Stop offering the cheap rate.

If the customer wants the item, he will pay for shipping. If not, some sales are not worth having.

If most of your customers (you can define 'most' as any level you like) are content with the long wait, then self-insure by adding a tiny amount to every overseas shipping charge to cover the occasional Claim.

If you choose to ship Surface and without tracking, you will lose Item Not Recieved disputes. But it is your choice.

Oh by the way. You can enter your response to the claim in English. But the only response that will be considered is the Tracking number showing delivery.

Your best bet at this point is to cut your losses. Refund (ouch!!) and politely ask the buyer to refund the refund through Paypal 's Send Money service when the item arrives. There is a pretty good chance that the customer will.

This means you will not be penalized for refusing to refund voluntarily.

If you don't refund, PP will and then will go after you for their money. You will also have a black mark on your seller account.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@bizzaroscanada wrote:

If you want to see the details it really doesn't take long if you use an online translator like Google Translation, probably no more than 5 minutes.  Just be aware that online translators are computers and often misinterpret -- there will be some goobledegook here and there, but you'll get the gist.  You probably already know what sort of claim it is, so the details are mostly irrelevant, and a refund will be the likely solution in any case.

'reallynicestamps'  offers good advice, which I'd agree with completely.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I had this same thing a while back. My German is totally deficient.

I called eBay, got a nice guy in the Philippines who was able to translate the important parts and tell me which button to click.

As far as I could tell the resolution page is exactly the same other than the language so there will be the usual choices. I just told the csr how I wanted to respond and he told me which button to click on.

The results was the norm for an INR, I gave an explanation of German customs delays and then a few days later the buyer emailed to say it arrived, left feedback and closed the case.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I now do not sell to Germany. In over 700 sales only 2 issues on ebay - both with Germany. This first time I used the google translate to figure out what button to press - nightmare- agreed - the second time I just took a loss - wasn't worth my time.

I was convinced it was the same buyer saying he didn't get the item because of no tracking - go figure

Message 9 of 9
latest reply