In need of shipping supplies at reasonable rate!

Does someone have a name for shipping supplies in the Montreal area. Bubblewrap and peanuts in particular. I presently have a supplier but he's quite expensive. US has many e-bay sellers - but transporting that kind of volume to Canada makes it too expensive!
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

alero0
Community Member
Try Pak Tek. They're in Ville St Laurent. They have a minimum order of $75.00. I buy boxes from them and they're the cheapest that I could find.I don't have their phone # with me but they are listed.
Harvey
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

funkywatch_com
Community Member
I buy from Chiswick. They have a canadian website. Prices are on there so you can compare. Minimum order is $50 but it's better to buy more to save on shipping. Also, they combine the sizes to get the volume discount which is pretty good.

Eric
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

foxfactory-canada
Community Member
Hi, I rarely spend money on packaging supplies, mostly just brown wrap (300' roll of paper from Staples for less than $12.00). I take my parcels that need peanuts or bubblewrap or air puffs, to a local shipping company where they receive parcels for people (from FedEx, UPS and other couriers) and because they get so much packaging supplies left from people leaving their boxes and stuffing behind, they just organize and have a peanuts bin, and a shelf to store the bubble wrap, etc. I simply take my parcels and package them there and they even let me use their tape!! If they have lots on hand, they let me bring the extra home, so you do not have to spend money on packaging supplies. Also, ask at your local Hudson's Bay, Petsmart, etc. if you can pick up their peanuts once a month or every two weeks depending on the volume they have. Hope this helps (from BC), ~ Lee foxfactory-canada
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Check this http://www.uline.com/
delivery cost to Toronto (at list) is $41.00 per full skid of supplies.
Best you can get anythere.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
$41.00 provided you are delivering to an industrial address. $73.00 if you want residential delivery.

Monique

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I actually purchase my envelops on staples.ca, their kraft envelop is cheaper than uline, and also I can order small qty (over $50) for free shipping.
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

oh, those deals are not available in store, you need to order on line
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Thank you guys for all your help. I really appreciate it! Festival packaging was near for me, but just too expensive.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

lovebuguniverse
Community Member
I buy all my packaging supplies at the dollar store.

Dollarama has a 3-pack of Bubble Envelope #4 for $1!!! That's the best price I've found so far.

For bubble wrap, same place but still trying to find reasonable peanuts.
Justine
Love Bug Universe
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Re: Uline shipping...

Order over the phone and tell them to ship by Canada Post if it's not too heavy or bulky. I believe their default shipping is by Purolator and it does make a difference.

I haven't had any experience with Chiswick/Staples Industrial other than it taking them 2 months just to send me a catalogue.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tip Top. I'm in the Montreal area. I don't buy much bubble wrap and don't buy any peanuts but I buy poly bags, poly mailers, bubble mailers, tyvek envelopes and a few other things. The best deals I've found so far are mostly from Chiswick though you can find some deals on eBay too. I also called up Corporate Express and asked them to meet Chiswick's prices...and they did! The nice bonus too is that I don't pay for shipping on CE orders!

Hope this helps!
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I have been using Cheswick for ten years (back to the days when they were owned by NEBS, the forms people). Always satisfied. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I don't buy bubble wrap. I use the bubble wrap that my supplier uses to ship my goods. Although lately they have been using newspaper.

I buy my bubble envelopes from a local stationery store that has been around since I was born. They are actually cheaper than Dollarama or Walmart and I can buy as many or as few as I want at a time. They also have a postal outlet so I can ship from there too. And when you buy you supplies there you are treated like royalty. They also have more sizes of bubble envelopes than Staples or anywhere else I have looked.

I checked out U-Line and the prices are slightly cheaper but you have to buy volume to get the good prices and it isn't that much cheaper to be bothered.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

schuco2
Community Member
Dumpsters of stores, boxes and bubble wrap galore. never have bought shipping supplies, never will.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

jerseypros
Community Member
US eBay seller - corijennin

We've been buying bubblewrap (in huge rolls) from her for about 5 years...great pricing, fast shipping and excellent service.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Uline is amazing, they are in Brampton, I just do local pick ups from them, I suggest trying them. Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

If you have a General Fasters store in your area you might find it cheaper to purchase and pick up boxes and bubble wrap from them rather than pay shipping costs from Uline. I have done both depending on what I need.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Out on the West Coast, I use Freecycle - it is a website that people in your town can put free items on, you may have one in your area, they are global. Get on the board, and put wanted: what ever you need and people will email you on what they have.

If you have an outdoor supply store in your area, at the moment all their envelopes, and bubble envelopes all sizes, are only 28 cents for the packages of 2 (bubble envelopes) and 28 cents for packages of 6 of plain envelopes. All their stationary and labels are cheap, cheap, cheap!!!
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

power_batteries
Community Member
cottonwoodindustries, what is the exact name of that outdoor supply store? I should probably go take a look.

Thanks,

C.G.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply