Inquiries regarding buying [ "ntsc u/c" - Playstation 2 games]: Are they always in English?

Hi, I am interested in buying a brand new PS2 Kingdom Hearts 2 in ntsc u/c. I found a seller with a rating of 99.6% (is this good enough?)  with a feedback score of 53083; ~9628 positives, 52 neutral, and 43 negatives

The product listing seems to be the most detailed and comprehensive of all the sellers I have browsed through but it didn't indicate whether it is an English speaking game (the same goes for other ebay and amazon seller selling the same game (used or new). Since the "u/c" code in the game means united states and Canada, it is definitely suitable for North Americans. Unfortunately, the game is available in more than 4 languages and only one language is available per game. 

The listing doesn't say so, should I be suspicious? The seller could be selling an English version, a French version, and Spanish version, etc. I have messaged the seller but no replies yet.  

Anyone here have experiences in buying PS2 games, any playstation games (1-4) or any other disc games?

Extra information: 

I have checked Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart, gamstop/eb games and Square Enix online store. Though eb games has none and Square Enix has tons. The catch is, Square Enix, the game manufacturer uses a very un-reliable shipping company - Digital River. According to the reviews, Digital River has awful customer services, a history of delaying and messing up orders, and charges Canadian buyers a ridiculous amount of shipping (2-3X the ebay/amazon total game+shipping price). Surprisingly,  buyers would also need to pay a "mysterious" $5-10 delivery commission from Canada post. No idea if the up front expenses are true as this sort of things usually happen with Fedex and UPS. To sum it all up, the general message I have gotten from these blogs, and review forums is to stay away from Digital River!  

That said, there's only Ebay and Amazon left. However, there are still some concerns over the web about sellers re-wrapping opened/used games and sold as genuine factory sealed copies. I guess the world is never perfect uh....

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Inquiries regarding buying [ "ntsc u/c" - Playstation 2 games]: Are they always in English?

Simply just ask the seller yourself. The seller can address your concerns more accurately then we can in this case.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

and charges Canadian buyers a ridiculous amount of shipping (2-3Xthe ebay/amazon total game+shipping price).

Amazon restricts the amount sellers can charge for shipping their items.

EBay sometimes does the same (on media like books and games) and encourages 'free shipping"

All this means is that the actual cost of shipping is hidden in the asking price of the item.

Look at the total when comparing prices. Asking and shipping.

Surprisingly,  buyers would also need to pay a "mysterious" $5-10 delivery commission from Canada post.

What is not being stated is that the buyer will also be paying duty and sales tax on the item (if it is over $20CDN/ $18 USD).

The fee is $9.95 and is standard when Canada Post is collecting duty and tax on your doorstep.

FWIW, worse is UPS or FedEx whose service charge/customs brokerage fees start at $25 and soar with the value of the shipment.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi everyone, thank you for answering my reply. I got a reply from the seller. She said the cover of the game is english, hence I would assume the game is english..... I was expecting more certainty from the answer since the seller or the store specializes in gaming products. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply