Interac email money transfer?

myjames007
Community Member
Anybody has experience of collecting payment by interac email money transfer?

That's fast and safe for the sellers.

some buyers send me paymet by that, but seems more buyers prefer paypal.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

More buyers will prefer PayPal because of the buyer protection. Email money transfers offer no buyer protection.

Michael
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Last time i paid by paypal it didn't offer me any protection at all. If the seller is a fraud artist, s/he can easily go around the "protection" offered by paypal.

Many buyer prefer paypal because it's free to them and it's advertised most frequently, most of them are not even aware of email interac payment.

We as seller should all promote it for our own pocket sake.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

imagi.nation
Community Member
If paying by PayPal, drain your PayPal balance to have the purchase funded by your credit card. If the buyer ends up not delivering as promised and PP doesn't retrieve your money for you, you still have the option of calling your credit card company for a chargeback. Some shady eBay buyers are abusing this system now but I'm fairly certain we are all fair and reasonable buyers here who won't take advantage of this gaping PayPal loophole.

Cheers,
Ernie.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

This interac service seems very interesting. Do you have there website address and maybe more information as it being available internationaly ?

As for PAYPAL , I have been burnt 2 times too many. I am a seller and there is no PROTECTION for the seller AT ALL. I consider PAYPAL as a fraudulent company that doesn't respect it policies as listed. If there is an other service that can replace this company I will consider using.

Frederic
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

www.certapay.com

It's only Canadian because it uses the Interac network.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
I have it available in my store. It works great, unfortunately it has a small fee to the buyer, which I think causes some reluctance to use it. Anybody that banks at a major bank can log into their account and send money by email. They supply a question and answer, and send you the answer, which you use to collect the money.

be careful though. If you use a major bank, there is no fee, but is you use any other bank, such as presidents choice, you will be charged $2.50.

I like it, and try to encourage my customers to use it. I intend to offer an incentive soon to try and get customers to at least try it.

Rob
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

myjames007
Community Member
interac charges buyer $1.50 but paypal charges us 0.55+2.9%

So we will be charged more by paypal than by interac for a transaction more than C$32.75.

For a C$1000 transaction, we will be charged C$29.55 by paypal while C$ 1.50 by interac.

In addition, I am willing to pay the Inteac charges for my buyer, especially for transaction in a large amount. Actually some bank plan provide free interac email money transfer for 2-3 times / month.

In my view, buyer protection won't be a problem for sellers with a purple or red star, buyer will trust you.

So, why not recommend our buyers to interac and support our Canadian payment solution?
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
I have used e-mail money transfers through RBC twice. They work excellent. But it cost a $1.50 each time you send money.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

$1000 daily maximum though.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

cowgirl_tam
Community Member
I had a buyer ask me once if I would accept payment this way..I thought I should give it a try..it worked like a charm! I will be adding it to my list of payment options for sure!
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

camrynscloset
Community Member
I have it worded in my auction that I prefer this payment method. It is so much faster, more convinient....and it's already in your bank account!
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

lucid-tech
Community Member
It's great. To add to javax.swing, there's also a $3k sending limit for a 7 day period and $7k max/30 days.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

cyberbrent
Community Member
I use it all the time and include the following in my emails to buyers...."You can use INTERAC http://www.certapay.com  Test question answer can be my eBay username: CYBERWhatever  and the email is: CYBERwhatever@MAC.COM

Using Interac also adds to your protection as you will have a documented Canadian Bank record with my eBay username linking me directly to the item with my full address and contact info plus the tracking number for full verification."

I have had about 20 people pay with this service so far in Canada and it works great and is easier and more secure as a seller than Paypal.

Regards

Brent
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

magickalbuys
Community Member
HI

Yes i use it to quite alot, its very simple hassle free and fast.
Seek those who are seeking the truth.
Run from those who say they know it.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

camrynscloset
Community Member
Another thing I have done is have the buyer add me as a Payee (as in, I am on thier "Bill payment" list) that way, it is free for them and me to receive money. I have a repeat buyer I do this with, and it works out great!
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

"add me as a Payee" - Brilliant!
B-)
i guess they have to provide the bank with you bank account info?
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

It's no different than giving someone a cheque...all the necessary bank info is on the bottom.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply