International rectriction on my listing

I'm on Ebay Canada,and when I list a Hotwheel,I check on MY EBAY,then click on ACTIVE i can see my listing.So when I click on my listing,instead of seeing my auction,I get a red rectangular warning saying:

(Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.)

So when I check in the Hotwheel section on Ebay,its not there,,need to put in the selective title to see the listing,but again its only in the international section still still cant see my auction because of that restriction that appears again. I noticed that there are very few visites on my auctions because of this. Can anybody help, would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: International rectriction on my listing

The only one I see when I check in through eBaydotCOM is the Las Vegas one. Which is also the only one on dotCA.

How many have you listed?

I would think your greatest market would be the USA, with perhaps 10% being overseas. Am I right?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Other reasons you may not be seeing your items listed overseas are that you are a fairly occasional seller, with only 24 FB in the past 12 months.

There are restrictions on newbie sellers for international markets.You have to meet certain number and value criteria before eBay trusts you (or any other new seller, it's not personal) with the more fraught international market.

Also that LV hotwheel is priced fairly high. That could be another reason for the restricted market.

Annoying though it is, this was set up as a Buyer Protection policy to control sellers who would list nonexistent product, take the money and run.

There are still a lot of those working out of China. Read the Buyer Board for examples.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This is the second one I'm seeling,the first sold at that price.Sold other things last december and had no resrictions at all and some were in the same price range.Something changed on the Ebay rulesI presume. Just Want them to get the maximum exposure and get the most potential buyers.I know the price seems high but these are rare collectables not toys.Yes the US is my greatest market since the Canadian currency is way down,Canadians think twice before buying with a 22%+ difference in the mighty $.I noticed that I was able to list from Ebay.com ,this might remove the restriction. Is it allowed. When I joined ebay in 1999 it was on Ebay.com and not Ebay.ca
Message 4 of 4
latest reply