International site visibility NOT SO VISIBLE!

Last night I went on the UK site to see how my listings looked on the site and found when the "Switch to the new version of this page" view is offered and selected, my description is blocked with a message that the listing was reported as a forgery. Of course this is a site problem as all my listings were blocked the second I uploaded them and this issue only affects the new view. I went back on this morning to see if it was affecting other non UK sellers and was not able to find any pages that offer the new view format except for mine!

Also, I was not able to find a single one of my items either! I did some tinkering around and found that I was defaulted to the new search experience which does not include any of my items, even when I put my exact title in my search!

Why are we paying extra for International Site Visibility and not getting it?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

bare_bright
Community Member
I would assume then that's the reason my sales to the UK has dropped 75% over the past 2 weeks?

I hope it's the issue so it will get fixed and the reason is not the economy and Market fallout also UK is in a resation from I heard on CNN

Cheers 🙂
T.J.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Got to love eBay customer service! The one thing that totally irks me about them is that they very rarely come out and say they are aware of a particular issue and are working on it. Instead they make you jump through hoops and bounds and send you off doing all kinds of useless tests when the problem is a general site issue.

I carefully emailed my problem first to the UK site who told me to contact eBay Canada and this morning they are asking me to provide item numbers...doh! It's a problem that's affecting all my International Visibility listings. Why can't they just pick one themselves and run some tests?

Anyhow I just emailed back with step by step instructions on how to run a search for one of my items on eBay.uk. I am so delighted to have this wonderful opportunity to educate eBay support on how to run an item search! I am simply ecstatic about it!

Ok...so what I found going through the same motions I did yesterday, is that my item does not show up in any UK search regardless of being in the new search experience or not. I can only find my items by keying in the item listing number. For some reason, the new view option is not available on my listings today so I could not duplicate the blocked listing content problem.

I have asked for a credit of all my international site visibility fees and that those fees should be waived until the issue is resolved. Those of us that are paying extra to have the visibility are simply not getting it.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I went back on this morning to see if it was affecting other non UK sellers and was not able to find any pages that offer the new view format except for mine!

That's because with the exception of a very small number of users who were "opted-in" only a seller can see their own listings in the new format. 99% (thereabouts) of UK users will see only the current listing format not the new one which is only be tested.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply