Is a buyer entitled to receive proof that vendor ever paid the designated figure for postage?

The specific issues include: items worth over $1,000 had a high bid of about $50. I was the successful bidder. The vendor charged $6 for postage. This is an inane figure as regular mail would be less that $2, and registered or express mail would exceed $15. 

Guess what! The items were mysteriously lost in the mail.

My loss is not just the $56 I paid, but the $1,000 I did not realize as a future investment.

All I got from this vendor was that he mailed them. No way he would have paid $6 for regular postage.

I feel I am being cheated in two ways - the $1,000 item being mysteriously lost, and the overcharging for postage which he obviously did not incur.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: The seller is not required to prove what he/she paid in p...

The seller is not required to prove what he/she paid in postage.

The seller is allowed to add a handling charge to the shipping and handling.

File a claim with paypal for Item not received and you should get your

$56.00 back. so you are not out nothing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: The seller is not required to prove what he/she paid in p...

Please understand the issue. $1,000 in stamps and cover obviously would not have received the adequate/appropriate successful bid in the mind of the seller, and thus it seems the items go mysteriously missing. How about the fact that this seller asked for positive feedback before he even allegedly sent the stamps ten days after the auction/payment? It smells and Ebay is allowing it to happen. Receiving $56 back is not akin to losing the $1,000 investment.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply