Is billing automatic?

I recently sold an item in an auction. When an item sells, is the buyer automatically able to pay for the item to my PayPal? I buy all the time with my PayPal connected to my Ebay account. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is billing automatic?

@newcoyote wrote:

I recently sold an item in an auction. When an item sells, is the buyer automatically able to pay for the item to my PayPal? I buy all the time with my PayPal connected to my Ebay account. 

Yes they are,they know automaticaly,they are sent a notification from ebay,some buyers are awesome most actually,some take their time some are non payers,some dont pay on weekends.and those are delinquent,i pay instantly ,being that im an awesome buyer as well as an awesome seller,every one is different,there are some that buy and pay in a heartbeat thats how its sposed to be

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I always pay right away too. I can't remember when I listed the item anything about how payment is received. Of course I give a bit of time before pestering.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes..

IF you included shipping to their country in your listing.

Most new sellers will have either Flat Rate or Calculated Shipping set up for Canada and the USA.

Those buyers will see exactly how much they have to pay.

But if you did not set up International Rates, eBay will prompt you to send information to the buyer.

This is available  here.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s2

Bookmark that page, I hope you will need it often.

Most buyers pay immediately.

If a buyer has not paid by Day Three, and he has the shipping information, send a polite reminder with a copy of the invoice.

If he does not pay by Day Four, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute.

But it shouldn't come to that.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. The buyer is in the same country as me and I did set a rate. The buyer also has a very good feedback score. I was not sure if I needed to take more steps but it looks like I just wait. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'newcoyote',
<<When an item sells, is the buyer automatically able to pay for the item to my PayPal?>>

Depending on what you have in mind, the answer would be Yes.  A buyer can always pay immediately and indeed that is the preferred practice.
However, if the buyer pays with an e-cheque (drawn from his bank account) that could take 10 days to clear and will therefore not appear where you can get your hands on it.  You need to wait for it to clear before you ship.

Credit card payments and those from a paypal balance are instant, going into a seller's account as fast as technology will allow.  

Then again, if you are a new or occasional seller, paypal holds the payment for 21 days yet you are expected to ship the item anyway.  Your paypal account will tell you when it is safe to go ahead and ship, even though you cannot yet get your hands on the money.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html

If you have had no indication that a payment has been made nor received any communication from your buyer, that means a slow payer or worse -- a non-payer.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 6 of 6
latest reply