Is feedback only for an item or for the seller's behavior as well?

I bought an item from a (Chinese) seller recently. The item arrived reasonably quickly (considering it came from China) and it seems to work at least in part, though I’m currently unable to get it to do what I want (it’s a piece of electronics with no quick, easy way to test it thrououghly). I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s not defective, but I have a bigger problem than that.

Just a couple of days after I purchased it, I started getting daily spams from a Chinese e-store. I know for a fact that this seller is responsbile because I used that email address only for eBay, it is not something that a spammer would have generated randomly, and I had not made any other purchases in quite some time. It is definitely not a coincidence.

A couple of days ago, I got a message from them asking me if I got the item and asking me to leave positive, 5-star feedback, and contact them if I’m not happy. The gall.

I was about to post negative feedback for the transaction and a warning about their spamming, but then I wondered whether feedback is only applicable to the item that was purchased or to the transaction as a whole, including the seller’s behavior, so I thought I’d ask here and get some feedback and advice on the situation.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3

Works for me; thanks.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"item fine but now getting spam emails "  Could be positive , negative or neutral. Your choice.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply