Is it normal practice for the seller toask for wire transfer to a bank in Poland? He lives in US

jer1934
Community Member

Item  Seller says there is a buy it now price of $3250.    I agreed to it and received an email from "EBay"

asking that I send a wire transfer to a bank in Poland.    Sounds fishy!!!

Sellers name is

Please confirm the validity of this transaction!!

Jerry Pierson

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is it normal practice for the seller toask for wire transfer to a bank in Poland? He lives in US

I'm pretty sure THIS IS A SCAM! I had a similar experience when I was trying to purchase a high valued  item before, some how these scammers are able to manipulate their e-mails to appear as if they are coming from e-bay. REPORT THEM TO E-BAY FRAUD DEPARTMENT ASAP! & DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE TO THE SCAMMER VIA EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO THE PERSON HOLDING THE AUCTION THROUGH EBAY COMMUNICATIONS.

P.S.  I do not work for ebay, this is just my personal advice from my own experience.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A seller cannot ask for a wire transfer as it is against ebay

accepted payment policy.

There is no buyer protection at all for use.

Looks like a Scam to me.

That auction number does not even show up as a valid number.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Try sending an email to the following person.

He is the Canadian ebay rep.

This could be a hijacked account as the user hasn't

had any transactions since Feb.

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm pretty sure THIS IS A SCAM! I had a similar experience when I was trying to purchase a high valued  item before, some how these scammers are able to manipulate their e-mails to appear as if they are coming from e-bay. REPORT THEM TO E-BAY FRAUD DEPARTMENT ASAP! & DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE TO THE SCAMMER VIA EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO THE PERSON HOLDING THE AUCTION THROUGH EBAY COMMUNICATIONS.

P.S.  I do not work for ebay, this is just my personal advice from my own experience.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fishy as a day at Marineland.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply