Is it possible to ship items under 30 grams via letter, and not a parcel on ebay?

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to ship something lighter than 30 grams  through another service than a parcel. I can see letter, in the options but cannot choose it. Im looking to ship some very small items, I even checked with my local post office and apparently, from quebec where I live to send it via letter over to Vancouver it would cost around 1.34 ca. why does the most basic service here on ebay cost minimum about 11$? am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is it possible to ship items under 30 grams via letter, and not a parcel on ebay?

Hi 2012asmith, it all depends on the height on the item. And, technically, non-paper items are not supposed to be sent lettermail (although I've been known to sneak a pair of earrings or a small, flat serving knife into a letter envelope!). If your package is higher than 18 or 20 mm, it MUST go as a parcel...which totally sucks if mailing within Canada. The price points are: Letter, then it jumps right away to Parcel...there is nothing in-between (like small packet).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Under 500 grams and under 2 cm, you can use the Letter rate.

Paypal and Canada Post do not allow you to print out shipping labels for Letter Rate items. Go to your PO and buy these neat gummed labels they have. You can buy quantities and use them when you need them. They are also very decorative. Ask the clerk about "stamps".

Message 3 of 3
latest reply