Is there a place that I can setup a filter so half dressed women don't come up in the search

fectoab
Community Member

I really get upset when I search for something like "Dresses" and these demeaning, "Playboy-like" pictures of women come up!!! 

I buy and sell on other sites and I have control over what I want to see.   There must be a way that I can have control over this.

Does anyone know?

I've been attempting to contact ebay... whoof!!  What a task!  Almost impossible to send them an email... very frustrating!!

Can anyone help...

Thanks!

fectoab

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is there a place that I can setup a filter so half dressed women don't come up in the search

I see the same thing when I go shopping in a Mall.

Utterly disgusting.

They even have them in store windows where every on can

see them.

Even little children.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sounds like you need Ebay Saudi Arabia.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'fectoab',

If you are hoping for an ebay form of V-chip, some "click here" button to block those pictures you

believe to be too risqué, then no, there is no such thing available anywhere on ebay.

You can, however, clean up your own searches a bit by 'minusing' certain keywords.

If I simply enter "dress" into the Search bar, choosing Worldwide from the left side of the page,

and Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories for a category,  I see over 9 million listings.

So on the left side, you can narrow the Category quite a bit.

You might like to further narrow it by selecting North America or even Canada Only from Location?

Then remove (or minus) some of what could be "offending" words like so: 

-sexy -lingerie -string -babydoll -beach -sleepwear

and so on.

That removes a lot of the 'skimpy outfit' listings.

Fiddle around with it a bit and you should be able to set your search parameters to match your

tastes.  Doing that is more likely to yield satisfactory results than attempting to badger ebay about it.

Then, if you find an arrangement that works for you, click on that green  + Follow this search under the

Search bar, so you don't have to retype all that when you come back to do more shopping.

You simply go to your Followed searches from the My eBay drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Happy shopping. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply