Is there anything to protect SELLER from un-warranted negative feedback ?

Recently I sold a RCM product to a person in Quebec. When I shipped it to him, the RCM white box was missing. He gave me my one and only negative feedback. I have since obtained the proper box and have contacted him and told him I would ship it to him my cost. All he has to do is remove the negative feedback.

I also called him by phone and left a message ... he refuses to reply despite my efforts to correct the issue. I spoke nto a customer service rep today and said their hands are tied. To that I say to eBay

WTF ? .... Who protects me from jerks ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The white box is in the picture so it should have been shipped, possibly the display case is now scuffed from transport, for such an expensive and collectible item I'd be a little fussy too.  All you can do is compensate the buyer to persuade them to change it.

Also check your correspondence via an online translator, (they aren't very good at translating) so if  the customer is using one to translate your e-mails it could be just jibberish in french.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Also it's very unlikely the customer will change the feedback before being compensated, it was your error so you have to show the good faith (trust) make sure the customer is completely satisfied before sending a feedback revision request because your only permitted to send one.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Nobody protects you from Jerks but you did have it in the pic so you were looking for an issue for sure but to get a neg is a little overboard..

horrible customers and sellers are everywhere there is not one business in the world that doesn't have to deal with .. 

Ebay has strict guidelines for feedback removal check them out and and they are in stone my friend in other words never waste your time writing ebay unless they fall under the guidelines for removal no matter how unfair it seems ..

Sorry about your luck partner

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

IMO you should send your buyer the box nickety split with no conditions attached.

To a collector things like boxes are extremely important for the item to maintain top value.

What were you thinking to ship the item without the box?

Big Mistake!

Pointing out that you would ship at your cost with conditions is just wrong.

Of course you should ship the box and there should be no question that it's at your cost.

Stop bargaining with the buyer and get the box in the mail.

Include a nice gift..............

After the item has arrived then contact the buyer with your apologies, and then if the buyer is receptive send a request to revise FB.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If I understood the negative feedback correctly, the buyer posted in French that you said your dog ate the box. LOL.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The puppy chewed on it and wasn't acceptable to ship ... yes ...lol.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Your first negative?

Was this a valid reason to post a follow-up:

"**** WORST BUYER IN EBAY HISTORY *** SELLERS BEWARE OF HIM ... COMPLETE IDIOT !!"

You made a mistake.  Yes, you did: you shipped the item without the box shown in the listing. As such the negative feedback was valid.

Then you have the audacity to "blackmail" the buyer: remove the feedback or you do not get the box you paid for.

And you call the buyer a "complete idiot"? 

Would you like your sellers to threat you that way when they make a mistake?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

With another account, I received an email from eBay asking me to revise my negatiave feedback with one seller, which puzzled me alot.

With another account I got 18 negative feedback from one same buyer that are unfair, unwarranted and untrue and eBay does nothing with them.

And here I have left negative feedback to a seller that are true, I tried to solve with the seller but he kept evading answering them for 3 days and enough is enough for me and that is when I left him a negative feedback.

He wouldn't answer my very clearly simple questions: are the photos coming from a smoking home (they reek of smooking like you wouldn't beleive, I can smell them before I opened the package!) and if they were printed from a home computer printer (it is clearly stated on the back of photos) and he evade in answering them.

I left them my negative feedback that are honest and here I get the email from eBay saying that my negative feedback "is affecting his account".  If eBay is really concerned about that, why don't they "retire" feedback and DSRs???!!!!!

Why is that eBay concerned about my honest feedback to this seller but don't care about those negative feedback that I received, are untrue and un-warranted?  Something is wrong with this picture.

Anyone is willing to ask eBay on Chat on Wednesday?  I am unable to do every Wednesday as I have to be in the hospital every Wednesday for treatments.  I would appreciate if anyone would ask those questions.

Questions:1)  Feedback, negative that are untrue, un-warranted and eBay do nothing about it even they knew it is damaging to our reputations and accounts.   I guess it is because they want to "penalize" the sellers that way?  Or am I wrong?

2) Feedback, negative that are true and warranted and eBay wants us to revise them.

3)  I have see many warranted and true negative feedback being removed while I see many unwarranted and untrue negative feedback not being removed.  How do eBay determine which negative feedback should stay or which should removed.  From my past experience with many sellers and what I saw, is that eBay seems to prefer to remove the true and warranted negative feedback while eBay wouldn't remove the unwarranted and untrue negative feedback.  Why???   I felt that eBay really don't know what they are doing in that area.

4) If they do care about "affecting the sellers' accounts", why don't they 'RETIRE" feedback and DSRs??

4) We did all process, filing reports, appeals, but to no luck with eBay, in case these guys tell us.  Those process are NOT working, not worth the hassle rasising false hopes which often trashed at a later.

5) When I called eBay about those untrue, un-warrnated negative feedback, they transferred me to Trust and Safety Dept and they said they will "investigate" within 72 hours and will remove them and I got busy due to hospital and 2 weeks later, I called them again, they claimed that they have no notes of those communication on my file and transferred me again to Trust and Safety Dept and again they said they will "investigate" and will remove them.  It is now 6 weeks and nothing was being done, no email to me which they promised.  At the same time my reputation is DAMAGED for the next 11 more months, thanks to eBay for not caring.

As I have said in other posts some months ago that eBay do lie, lie, lie, lie and one of you said it is NOT.  Excuse me, it is lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, same thing with they claiming with so-called "glitch" for months and months.

And what worse with this email from eBay asking me to revise the feedback, it is filled with lots of misspelled wordings.  Now I am wondering what kind of people that are working at eBay that send email with misspelled wordings?  Not professional??  Or what?  Something is wrong at eBay!!

Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"And what worse with this email from eBay asking me to revise the feedback, it is filled with lots of misspelled wordings. "

Are you sure it came from eBay?

If so, why exactly is eBay asking you to revise the feedback?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does came from eBay becasue I get a survery asking me about it the next day!  Of course, I included the misspelled wordings, etc. and I asked them if they are really professional or experienced persons, etc. And that the quality of persons at eBay has went south, etc.  Hopefully it will put them to a shame!

If you see the other website about eBay, it included misspelled wordings for details, colors, like balck for black, etc.  Appearently eBay is hiring people who are so imcompent and cannot spell so many words and now they are having employees all over the world as the customer servcie and why they do that is beyond me.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply