Is there no policy against sellers using an incorrect photo that doesn't match the description?

ariix
Community Member

I want to retract a bid for this reason but it doesn't appear in the list of reasons you can retract a bid. Yes, I should have carefully read the description before placing the bid... But it doesn't seem right that someone can use a stock photo of a full-sized item, not mention anything in the title, and then only in the description say that they're selling the sample size. I've contacted the seller telling them this is misleading and asking them to cancel my bid, but was hoping there was a way to retract it myself and/or report it for being a misleading listing since the photo used is not what they're selling. Sigh.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is there no policy against sellers using an incorrect photo that doesn't match the description?

Use the most appropriate reason. It really isn't  that important.

Frankly, the list of reasons is much too short. In my opinion most sellers would rather have a retracted bid (which shows on the bidder's FB page, btw) than chase a winner who does not want the item and refuses to pay.

You can also ask the seller to cancel your bid , which does not show on your FB page.

You can, after the dust has settled, Report the seller for the misleading listing.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Use the most appropriate reason. It really isn't  that important.

Frankly, the list of reasons is much too short. In my opinion most sellers would rather have a retracted bid (which shows on the bidder's FB page, btw) than chase a winner who does not want the item and refuses to pay.

You can also ask the seller to cancel your bid , which does not show on your FB page.

You can, after the dust has settled, Report the seller for the misleading listing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I asked the seller to cancel the bid but haven't heard anything back yet. I guess if I still don't hear anything after a while I can use the "can't contact seller" reason to retract the bid. Just don't want to get caught in the last 12 hours of the listing where it seems difficult if not impossible to retract/cancel bids. Thanks for the info about whose fb these things show up in!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply