Is this a legit way to pay for an item?

I bought something and im wondering what everyone thinks of this link I was sent to pay for my item?

Legit or sketchy?

Thanks

Ryan

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mg152
Community Member
I just looked at your link again, it asks which eBay item you're buying, also the seller is in the US and should be using paypal, pro pay, skrill or something acceptable on eBay US. I'm not far from the address they claim.
This has got to be an identity thief. Can you PM me the user name and I'll look into it more?
Definitely do not pay through this website. Go back to the listing and click pay now.
Also, you lose buyer protection if you pay this way!
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Be nice to other people! You don’t know what’s going on in their life.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mg152
Community Member
Hi Ryan,
A stranger is asking for your CC info. It looks like a scam to me. I've had my info stolen recently and I didn't know until the bank and the police called me.
Don't fall for it.
Patricia
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

mg152
Community Member
I just looked at your link again, it asks which eBay item you're buying, also the seller is in the US and should be using paypal, pro pay, skrill or something acceptable on eBay US. I'm not far from the address they claim.
This has got to be an identity thief. Can you PM me the user name and I'll look into it more?
Definitely do not pay through this website. Go back to the listing and click pay now.
Also, you lose buyer protection if you pay this way!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scam

Message 4 of 4
latest reply