Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Seller subjected to fraud - what is there to do?

Few days ago i was a victim of a fraud payment by a seller through paypal. The seller bought a lot of video games from me by using the buy it now option and paid right away with paypal. The next morning I sent the package and that same day in the aft...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Buyer Question Service has been fouled up for days!

For about a week I receive perhaps 3 email questions in a row from the same eBayer. This happenned about a month ago and after a week eBay corrected it. Now, 90% of the time that I hit the link to answer the questions, a default page comes up telling...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadapost labor issue??? Need a good Canadapost number.

I recently shipped a package that was mistakenly sent via Expedite instead of Expresspost. I was trying to call Canadapost this morning and the electronic message there was that no one will be able to take your call due to the labor issue. Does anyon...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Verified Buyer in US, request ship to Ukraine, does this sound suspicious?

Hey guys, I have had situations like this where I have shipped out to other locations then listed for people before and have been ok. However this one has raised the red flag for me in several areas, mostly because it is a larger dollar amount than I...

Watch out for this new feature if you accept payment OTHER than paypal.

You know that you can block buyers in my preferences with negative feedback, etc but now there's a new, unannounced one which blocks bidders without a paypal account. Here's the kicker.Even if you uncheck this option in my preferences, you still have...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBay Store owners - Good News!

There now appears to be an 'on vacation' option: http://pages.ebay.com/help/stores/placing-store-vacation.html

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ways to avoid Post Office Line-Ups? Are there any?

Hello Again, I know we have all caused the dreaded post office line up. You know the one where you turn around and there are 15 angry people behind you waiting to mail letters to their grandparents. I tried to get home pick up but my packages do not ...

• 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anybody else out there not happy with SquareTrade?

I'm a Canadian Powerseller who is not very happy with "SquareTrade". I received a neg feedback from someone for no reason. To make a very long story short, the buyer questioned my policy on leaving feedback after the entire transaction is complete (a...

Doing business as a registered business...your experiences?

In evaluating my sales since I began selling aggressively at the beginning of the summer, I find myself close to the $30,000 taxation mark. I know without a doubt I will surpass this mark in 2005. I’ve read most of the government pages about what I n...

Canadian DVD & console video game wholesaler???

Hi, i want to expand my business on ebay and also start a retail store for console (xbox, ps2, gamecube) video games and DVDs. So i was just wondering if anyone could provide me with some wholesaler lists who sells video games and DVDs at an affordab...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New CP Small Packet Rates (Jan 17/05)

For those interested, the new small packet rates for USA effective Jan 17/05: Ground: <250 $3.95 <500 $5.75 <1kg $8.95 Air: <250 $5.60 <500 $7.50 <1kg $11.75 Interestingly, the biggest increase in price was the middle weight class, while Air 500-1kg ...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Great joy - the loonie is crashing.

Yes, it does sound bad. But the dollar is about 80.6cents. Seems too many factories have been hurt by a strong dollar. I have USD dollar cheques to cash, and I had to phone the bank to see what the exchange rate is. Feels good, for a change.

Got Nailed by Singapore/Nigerian Fake Buy It Now? This is what to do

Yesterday afternoon I was quite pleased to sell a $429 set of silver after only listing it for a couple of hours. An hour later I recived an e-mail that looked like this: hello, i just got a mail from ebay informing me that i won your item using BUY ...

eBay's New Item Not Received Process

Read up on it at http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml#2004-11-17145759 I don't know about you folks, but I get a lot of people in the States emailing me after 5-6 days asking why they haven't received their parcels yet. Even when I remind them tha...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Xpresspost delays??

Whats going on? I have never had an Xpresspost USA take more than 4 or 5 days. This week I have had 2. I can't list the first one as it was delivered and shows the address. It TOOK 1 MONTH! This one will probably be the same. Very strange. Item Numbe...

At what point do you leave feedback?

My system is as follows: Send an invoice, wait for payment. Once the payment has arrived, I ship the item, and leave feedback. I do it at this point because now I'm done with the transaction. As a BUYER, they have done everything correctly that they ...

Free shipping?

Hi, do any of you offer free shipping, and if so, how do you find it working? I just started doing this. I list higher, of course, to cover at least most of the postage / insurance. I haven't had any feedback from customers on this~ but have found th...

PayPal MasterCard - is it possible that Canadian vendors are scamming you?

Do you have a PayPal MasterCard and do you use it at Canadian vendors? I used mine at a restaurant here in Vancouver recently. My PayPal statement came through for about $25 US, which was reversed a couple days later, and then it was put through for ...

• 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

What to Do when Ebay Employee refuses to pay?

Hi My first time of having a Ebay employee bid on a item and now refuses to pay for the item. Said they did not look at my terms and they are "sorry". You would think these people know the rules a bit better. They want me to just cancel the auction, ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Everything up at CP January 17th

Expedited, Express Post, Purolator you name it, its going up January 17th. I would have received my packet sooner except CP mailed it to my old address that I changed 1 1/2 months ago (could I expect anything else out of them). I just checked a coupl...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Hey Glenda......

It's nice enough here in Northern Ontario to play golf today too!!!!! That is if you can find the course under the four feet of snow.... Jeff

Canada Post <sigh> Discounted Small Packets

I just received my rate increase letter from CPC. There is a footnote at the bottom of the first page that says "If you signed a separate International Air and Surface Parcels or Small Packets Agreement (which was introduced in September) your discou...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

G&M post this regarding cross-border shopping

"Forget patriotism -- shop at the .com: Eagle-eyed on-line shoppers who have been looking for DVDs or books for Christmas may have noticed something peculiar: In some cases, the same item seems to cost less at Amazon.com than it does at the Canadian ...

Mail strike?

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/11/27/736211.html

Big Audit from the Goverment of Canada. They asked for my Ebay user ID and email address ...curious wonder what Ebay would provide them if requested

Well the lady was in the office today ..seemed to go ok However they seems to have done some background on me before they came in Because we run a real business and or Ebay business together . They had a few questions like what was Sparedollar? What ...

USPS or US Customs, some of my Expedited parcels are taking 3 weeks!

I am going to be running a couple of traces tomorrow through CP as items that I shipped almost 3-weeks ago using Expedited Service have not yet arrived at the customers' homes in the US. I dont know where the delay is at this point (still in Canada, ...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal emails not providing all the info?

Last night I got a PayPal payment email (which is good because PayPal hasn't been very reliable with them lately ?:|), but it had no address, no confirmed/unconfirmed info, and no message. I emailed the buyer and told him I needed an address to ship ...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.