Xpresspost delays??

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Whats going on? I have never had an Xpresspost USA take more than 4 or 5 days. This week I have had 2. I can't list the first one as it was delivered and shows the address. It TOOK 1 MONTH! This one will probably be the same. Very strange.

Item Number: CE294802180CA
Product Type: Xpresspost USA

Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2004/11/10 12:57 Arrival in destination country
2004/11/10 03:34 Dispatched from origin country
2004/11/09 21:44 Dispatched from Canada
2004/11/09 17:58 RICHMOND, BC Received/processed at sortation facility
2004/11/09 10:51 VANCOUVER, BC Shipping details electronically submitted

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Xpresspost delays??

shoplineca
Community Member
I had one take several months and never was delivered. After a couple of weeks, we tracked it to the US post office where my customer lived in Califormia but by the time he went there (2-days later) their paperwork indicated that it had been shipped out however it didnt say where it had been shipped to.

So I filed my claim after refunding my customer about 45 days after I shipped the product out and received my refund cheque. A little over 3-months after I shipped the product out, along comes CP Express returning the package to me with black pen indicating "Dead Mail" on the package.

Its rare that it happens, fortunatley, but it can happen.

I also had a strange incident last year. I shipped out 2 violins to the same person in Texas. They were shipped the same day by Express Post, to the same person at the same address with each package almost identical in weight and size.

The first one arrives within 4 days and the second slightly over 4-weeks.

Malcolm

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

eserafini2
Community Member
I shipped an EXPRESSPOST USA package on Oct 26 to Oklahoma City... it's not there yet.... they found it in a Dallas hub... they say it will be delivered Monday or Tuesday... so much for guaranteed 4-5 delivery 😞
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

I used to run into this every so often when I shipped a great deal by Express, hiccups in the system....
Very often it is out of Canada Post's control, but they do guarantee a certain time frame, and will reimburse your postage if you put in a claim.

Lynn
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

eserafini2
Community Member
In my case, the problem was not with CP but with USPS

I already spoke with CP we are just waiting for delivery to occur... whenever...
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

I hope it gets delivered for you soon.
I've always found CP very helpful in tracking parcels.

CP will still refund your postage. You contracted to them, and paid for a service that included a guaranteed delivery time frame. Who they sub-contract off to (USPS in this case), is who they will have to get reimbursed from.

I used to just save them until I had a batch, and fax them all at once.

I should note I haven't had any in some time because I don't use Express like I used to, but I don't think things have changed that much, other than the guaranteed time frames have been extended.

Good Luck with the parcel!
Lynn
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

shoplineca
Community Member
Lynn
Just to let you know that CP doesnt get reimbursed by USPS for delays, damage or losses. It is something like Ontario's No Fault Automobile Insurance. If I hit your car, your automobile insurance company pays your damage based on your coverage and does not collect from mine. My insurer only pays the cost of damage to my car based on my coverage with them.

If the item is lost or destroyed in the US, CP pays the Cdn Seller. if the item has been shipped by a US Seller and is lost or damaged in Canada then USPS pays the Seller and they never collect from the other party, no reciprocal treaty in place.

I learned this from my CP Rep and confirmed it wth CP's claims department.

Malcolm
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

tpman99
Community Member
Personally have always been pleased with CP delivery times. You do however get the odd one that takes a lot longer than usual but that happens 1 out of 20-30 if even.

And yes they are normally pretty helpful in tracing these packages when "lost" or misplaced 🙂
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Xpresspost delays??

rlrdist
Community Member
xpresspost and expedited parcel suffer the same fate by having USPS take over after the border into USA. that is where the problem is since they seem to drag their feet on delivery.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply