Item Not Received Case - What Happens If Buyer Doesn't Respond?

Related to this thread (buyer opens request, seller replies with explanation, then buyer doesn't respond or close case).

With my buyer though it's an Item Not Received request for a refund. So when the case eventually closes automatically, will I get a defect on my seller account? They haven't responded to tell me if they finally got their order or not, and there's no tracking so I can't know for sure if they did.

Thank you in advance!

Elaine

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mcrlmn
Community Member
I just had exactly the same scenario with a 1 feedback buyer.

Just issue the refund, or you'll get it put to you a second time when PayPal issues the refund and you receive your defect.

It sucks but that's just the way it is.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since you cannot prove that the buyer got the item, refund now and avoid the pain of having PP do it and come after you for their money.

While I have you, I can't tell you how often I have received compliments on a lace and ruby choker I bought from you a couple of years ago. I've given your name to everyone who asked. (It's part of my Granny Goth outfit at SF cons.) You have wonderful taste.

Oh and put the complainer on your Blocked Bidder List. If she is telling the truth, and she may well be, then delivery to her address is not reliable.

And when you send the refund, include a polite note apologizing for her disappointment and asking that WHEN the item arrives that she refund the refund using Paypal's Send Money function. There is a very good chance she will, and if she doesn't there will be an evil little itch that tells her she's a thief every time she wears it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What do you mean by replied with explanation?

As soon as a item not received case is opened you receive a defect. The only way to get rid of it is to prove with tracking that the item was received. Since you can't do that you will get a defect.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply