Item not as described in auction

Hello there.

I recently received some skincare that wasn't as described in the seller's auction.

I bid and won an auction for 2 2oz bottles of cream; one was described as 50-60% full, the other was described as only being used twice. So, I was expecting approx. 3oz of product.

What I received was only one 2oz bottle, completely full.

???

Not at all what was listed in the auction.

Anyway, I bought from a US seller, so the shipping was high (egad) and I don't want to send anything back.

What are my options to approach the seller with?

Thank you for the help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i my self would contact the seller and see if they will give you a partial refund that would be my first choice ,if they dont agree then open a not as described case up to you what you think the item is worth under these circumstances ,if the seller is good they will comunicate with you,if no response in 24 hrs open a case just my thoughts and i like to be fair and neutral in these circumstances 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi again.

The seller requests that I return the item.

Do I have to pay for this?

Then I will be $15 out of pocket for nothing??

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you want to return the item and open a case the seller will be required to pay return shipping plus refund your entire initial payment as well.

The other option is a partial refund.

It's not clear if your seller decided to combine the contents of the jars or just sent the jar with more product in it.    I'm thinking this is used face cream?   Yikes!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the input.

I see that the seller has to pay for return shipping charges so that's good.

I have asked for a partial refund instead, but we'll see.

I received an used product so there was no mixing of anything...just short one tube.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

O'm amazed that anyone would offer USED makeup! Too much chance of contamination, especially with creams that are usually applied with fingers.

At least you can wash (and bleach) used underpants.

Open the Item Not As Described Dispute.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

You have already been in contact with the seller, so you can skip that step and go directly to a Claim.

The seller will be required to pay for the return if she wants it back (again, yuck!). And by the way, eBay refuses to understand that we cannot supply return shipping labels outside our own country.

So she would have to send you the return shipping by Paypal's Send Money service.

Let her know the lowest cost for a Confirmed Delivery to the USA.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

If she doesn't send the return shipping, you win the case automatically.

You will not be able to leave feedback, you get money instead.

And just don't buy used makeup. Ick.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much for the feedback.

I have resolved things with the seller.

She offered to give me a partial refund for the auction.

For the record, this wasn't used makeup.

The items were facial lotions, in a tube.

No hands or fingers would dip into the serums and contaminate them as they are in protected packages.

I see your point if I was dealing with jars of product, but this wasn't the case.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
latest reply