Item not received and GSP program

I'm hoping someone can provide some advice over a difficult transaction dispute.

I purchased an item shipped from Florida to Canada (Hamilton, ON) a short time ago.  Payment for the item and Pitney Bowes for the shipping and customs (GSP) was through Paypal (2 separate transactions)

The tracking of the item shows it was "successfully delivered" by Canada Post but I have not received the item.  I strongly believe the Canada Post package delivery person left the package unsecure against my apartment door making it easy for someone to steal. 

I immediately contacted Canada Post.  I was advised to contact the seller and ask the seller to file a claim on the package.  I opened a Paypal dispute (both transactions) and requested the seller to file the claim.  The seller stated there was nothing he could do stating eBay shipped the item.

Is this correct?  I opened the dispute on the 10th and have yet to hear from Paypal, eBay or Pitney Bowes addressing the issue. 

Appreciate any advice offered.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"I opened the dispute on the 10th and have yet to hear from Paypal,"

It is time to call PayPal and inquire why the two refunds have not yet been credited to your account.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you very much for your advice.  I contacted Paypal and it appears this has got the ball rolling very rapidly.  I have been already refunded my shipping and customs costs and Paypal has been in contact with the seller to get them in gear to act.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Message 3 of 3
latest reply