Item sold an hour later buyer said doesn't want the item, hasn't paid has FeedBack of 5 what do I do here just cancel the listing?

trimast
Community Member

The guy really messed me up as I can't relist the item and have it end before going away for a week. How do I cancel the transaction/auction? I don't want to take action against him but in the same breath he's gotta know you don't just do this.

trimast

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item sold an hour later buyer said doesn't want the item, hasn't paid has FeedBack of 5 what do I do here just cancel the listing?

You can't start a Dispute for four days after the end of the auction.

You can start a Mutual Cancellation immediately. Look under Resolution Centre. Send the Cancellation and when he agrees you are both free of the transaction. Both can leave feedback.

If he ignores the MC you can end it after 7 days, freeing you from the transaction.

It is a good idea to end all listings well before going away, if possible. But you know that now.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Let buyer know you are prepared to cancel and to be sure and accept when eBay asks..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Add the buyer to the block bidders list. File an unpaid item dispute on day 4 and close it 4 days later.

If he refused to pay, he might also refuse to agree to the transaction cancellation. If he does, you will not get your final value fee credit and they will not get a well deserved strike.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
If you don't do anything, you won't get a final value fee credit. The only ways to get your final value fees back are to offer the buyer a mutual cancelation request and have it accepted or go for the unpaid item dispute and give the buyer a strike if he still doesn't pay. Whatever you decide to do, place him on your blocked bidder list.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply