January 7th 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers,

We're back! Hope everyone had great Holidays. Please start posting at your convenience, we will join you at 1 PM Eastern, or as soon as we've thawed out.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Good morning.

Here is a suggestion posted by a new member

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/DVD-description-category-Subtitles-and-closed-captioned/m-...

"...when I want to buy something, would it be possible to upgrade the website in the DVD, blue Ray, etc categories where it shows the details section... to put in the subtitles / closed captioned? It would be much of a help knowing before buying the dvd especially for the Deaf communities who would appreciate the future of eBay purchases. "

What do you think?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

We are posting regarding our country exclusions list which appears to not be applied to our listing.

Item number: 301433079257

This is a sale software allowed to be made to Indonesia even though all of our settings should prevent this country from purchasing our items/listings.

We communicated with ebay rep and a series of event followed with the determination by ebay staff that this particular listing was actually set up correctly to exclude the countries on our exclusion list. Therefore we were issued a transaction defect removal reference number as follows: 1-41240632931.

The seller defect for transaction cancelled has been removed successfully and a final value fee credit of $2.25CAD was applied to our account( Reference number:1291710464). Thank you ebay staff for job well done.

However we were also charge $0.93CAD for FVF on shipping fee which was not credited yet, can you please look into this credit.

Also as of right now we verified our shipping preferences and shipping exclusions in all of our listings and even though our exclusion list of countries is clearly displayed the software is still displaying a shipping fee for these countries. Very puzzling to us and we are hoping you can tell us what we need to do to remedy to this situations so we do not encounter another sale to our excluded countries list.

And finally we wish to know which browsers ebay recommends using for optimum performance/compatibility with ebay's platform.

If need be we also grant permission to ebay staff to manually enter our account and verify the necessary settings to solve this situation.

Thank you and hoping for a solution from you.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I remember an issue being brought up a few weeks ago but can't remember if it was on this board or Seller Central.

I have all of my listings set up showing the flat rate shipping charges for U.S. and International sales.  Only about 2 or 3 have free shipping to the U.S.  None of them have free international shipping.  When I do a search for my listings on eBay.com the search shows that I offer "free international shipping".

Why does it do this and is this issue being addressed?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good morning.

Here is a suggestion posted by a new member

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/DVD-description-category-Subtitles-and-closed-captioned/m-...

"...when I want to buy something, would it be possible to upgrade the website in the DVD, blue Ray, etc categories where it shows the details section... to put in the subtitles / closed captioned? It would be much of a help knowing before buying the dvd especially for the Deaf communities who would appreciate the future of eBay purchases. "

What do you think?

Good afternoon Pierre,

Good catch on this one, thanks for flagging. As the other commenter on the thread you linked to said, I also remember these being part of the Item Details previously. I'm engaging with the Structured Data team to figure out why it's no longer there and see if it's possible to get it brought back.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Over the years, different eBay.ca staffers have used the "kalvin@eBay.com" identity.  All of them were "nice guys"!

However, since the last "kalvin" left eBay.ca no Canadian staffer has assumed the identify or taken over the duties of supervising the Canadian community boards..

Will that job ever be filled or is it time to forget about "kalvin"?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@berubegirl wrote:

We are posting regarding our country exclusions list which appears to not be applied to our listing.

Item number: 301433079257

This is a sale software allowed to be made to Indonesia even though all of our settings should prevent this country from purchasing our items/listings.

We communicated with ebay rep and a series of event followed with the determination by ebay staff that this particular listing was actually set up correctly to exclude the countries on our exclusion list. Therefore we were issued a transaction defect removal reference number as follows: 1-41240632931.

The seller defect for transaction cancelled has been removed successfully and a final value fee credit of $2.25CAD was applied to our account( Reference number:1291710464). Thank you ebay staff for job well done.

However we were also charge $0.93CAD for FVF on shipping fee which was not credited yet, can you please look into this credit.

Also as of right now we verified our shipping preferences and shipping exclusions in all of our listings and even though our exclusion list of countries is clearly displayed the software is still displaying a shipping fee for these countries. Very puzzling to us and we are hoping you can tell us what we need to do to remedy to this situations so we do not encounter another sale to our excluded countries list.

And finally we wish to know which browsers ebay recommends using for optimum performance/compatibility with ebay's platform.

If need be we also grant permission to ebay staff to manually enter our account and verify the necessary settings to solve this situation.

Thank you and hoping for a solution from you.

Hello berubegirl,

I've looked at your items and preferences and confirm that something isn't right here. I've flagged this to the appropriate team for further diagnostic. I'll update this post when I have more info.

For the missing Shipping FVF credit however, you will need to contact CS.

Lastly, although your problems are unlikely caused by your web browser, eBay should work with the latest versions of the more popular ones:

Operating system

Recommended browser

Windows

Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome (latest versions)

Mac

Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:

I remember an issue being brought up a few weeks ago but can't remember if it was on this board or Seller Central.

I have all of my listings set up showing the flat rate shipping charges for U.S. and International sales.  Only about 2 or 3 have free shipping to the U.S.  None of them have free international shipping.  When I do a search for my listings on eBay.com the search shows that I offer "free international shipping".

Why does it do this and is this issue being addressed?

Thank you.

Hi westernstargifts,

Because you are signed into .com as a Canadian with a Canadian address you will see Free International Shipping for the items that ship free within Canada. It's International because from .com's perspective shipping to Canada is International.

If you change your ship to location, all your listings show shipping costs and not free shipping.

Thanks,

Ryanne

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Hello and happy new year. A Spanish buyer from the U.S won an item on Dec 25th. On Jan 3rd I send an invoice reminder from my eBay account. As soon as I hit send invoice, I got a negative feedback. My feedback was 115 and is now 114. I called eBay and they said to contact buyer. I emailed the buyer and used Google translate on Jan 3rd and I received payment on Jan 6th. I just went to the post office with the package Jan 7th. It was shipped small package U.S.Air. She should get it in about 14 business days. I have not left feedback yet. I usually say: Thank you for payment, shipped Jan 7th 2014. Now what do I do about the negative feedback? When do I ask her to change the feedback? Remember I got the negative as soon as I hit send invoice on Jan 3rd before payment was made.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for your response.

Anything we can do in the meantime such as resetting all of our settings and starting from zero. Unfortunately we were told by another rep that doing this may make the problem worse but we can not see how that could happen.

Any idea if this may occur or not?

Thank you for your time and effort in dealing with this matter.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Over the years, different eBay.ca staffers have used the "kalvin@eBay.com" identity.  All of them were "nice guys"!

However, since the last "kalvin" left eBay.ca no Canadian staffer has assumed the identify or taken over the duties of supervising the Canadian community boards..

Will that job ever be filled or is it time to forget about "kalvin"?

We were all quite unhappy to see Kalvin leave our team. Your community contacts for the time being will be myself and Ryanne, with Rodney occasionally coming in to help out. However, our respective primary responsibilities are not to supervise the Canadian community boards, so unfortunately we won't be able to be as involved as Kalvin was.

With that said, we're always ready & happy to help so as I've mentioned many times on here, anyone can reach us via email if there are burning issues that need immediate attention. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@berubegirl wrote:

Thank you for your response.

Anything we can do in the meantime such as resetting all of our settings and starting from zero. Unfortunately we were told by another rep that doing this may make the problem worse but we can not see how that could happen.

Any idea if this may occur or not?

Thank you for your time and effort in dealing with this matter.

It would actually be better to not do anything for now so that whoever is diagnosing the problem actually has something to look at 🙂

In the meantime if you encounter unwanted buyers, feel free to cancel the sales and work with CS to get any resulting defects removed. I'm happy to help with that part if you get any problems there.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@lady_goth** wrote:
Hello and happy new year. A Spanish buyer from the U.S won an item on Dec 25th. On Jan 3rd I send an invoice reminder from my eBay account. As soon as I hit send invoice, I got a negative feedback. My feedback was 115 and is now 114. I called eBay and they said to contact buyer. I emailed the buyer and used Google translate on Jan 3rd and I received payment on Jan 6th. I just went to the post office with the package Jan 7th. It was shipped small package U.S.Air. She should get it in about 14 business days. I have not left feedback yet. I usually say: Thank you for payment, shipped Jan 7th 2014. Now what do I do about the negative feedback? When do I ask her to change the feedback? Remember I got the negative as soon as I hit send invoice on Jan 3rd before payment was made.

Hi lady_goth**,

Your buyer seems new and appears to have responded using feedback to your invoice. I don't think they meant to leave a negative feedback. You can ask the buyer now to change the feedback they left or wait until you think they have received the item. 

Thanks,

Ryanne

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Hi Ryanne,

Thank you for the explanation.

I have another question regarding Selling Manager.

When I do a search on eBay or in my Store I can type in, e.g., horse and listings will also be shown that include the variation of horses  Why doesn't it do the same in SM?  I have many horse items listed, some singular and some plural.  Only the actual word shows up so I have to do a separate search for each which is very frustrating.

I just wondered if you were aware of this and if it could be changed.  I am sure other sellers experience the same thing.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:

Hi Ryanne,

Thank you for the explanation.

I have another question regarding Selling Manager.

When I do a search on eBay or in my Store I can type in, e.g., horse and listings will also be shown that include the variation of horses  Why doesn't it do the same in SM?  I have many horse items listed, some singular and some plural.  Only the actual word shows up so I have to do a separate search for each which is very frustrating.

I just wondered if you were aware of this and if it could be changed.  I am sure other sellers experience the same thing.

Hi westernstargifts,

Search within SM is not designed the same as general eBay Search. It makes sense for eBay Search to surface as many items relevant to the keyword search as possible so that buyers have an easier time finding items. In SM, the expectation is for the search function to be more finely tuned so that finding specific items is easier for sellers.

With that said, I happen to know someone on the SM team, I'll bring that over to them and see if that is something they would consider enhancing.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

This concludes our chat for this week. Thanks for participating and see you next week!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply