July 10th Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers,

Welcome to the July 10th edition of the weekly board hour. With me today are Kalvin and Rodney, with a possible appearance from Bryan a bit later. Let's get this party started!

Raphael

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hi. Just a quick reply to let you know that the topic is visible this week.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
Hi. Just a quick reply to let you know that the topic is visible this week.

That's great news! Not sure what happened last week.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I am reading and replying to this topic on an Apple IPad today to see how well it works. So far the forums work well. I am using the regular Apple Safari browser. I will try the mobile app one day and make a listing.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
I am reading and replying to this topic on an Apple IPad today to see how well it works. So far the forums work well. I am using the regular Apple Safari browser. I will try the mobile app one day and make a listing.

Thanks for the review. Please do share your impressions whenever you get around to posting from your phone or iPad, one of my responsibilities is the Mobile experience so I'm very interested. If you can, please notify me via email when you have written something.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

PayPal shipping changed the Small Packet label to a smaller size and displays the postage amount. Similar to the recently introduced Tracked Packet.

Why no announcement on this change? Some sellers thought they had printer issues.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
PayPal shipping changed the Small Packet label to a smaller size and displays the postage amount. Similar to the recently introduced Tracked Packet.

Why no announcement on this change? Some sellers thought they had printer issues.

We don't always get notified when PayPal makes changes to their product. This particular change we became aware of only after it rolled and was driven between Canada Post, Pitney Bowes and PayPal. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Hmm, no editing toolbar so I cannot quote on this iPad.

When I try the iPad for listing, I will email you.

Still exploring on this iPad.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

2noggins
Community Member

Hi Kalvin,

Any update on the email I sent you Monday -- display limited to 67 pages?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/qanda/recentquestionspage/node-display-id/community%3Aebay02

Also,

1. Do AC posts age off after an year of no activity/update, like they did in the past?

2. Were the # of useful votes one received before migration translated into kudos?

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

My question about refund of canceling transaction bought through GSP program:

How long should we wait Phitney Bowes Inc to refund our payment automatically since the seller cancel the transaction?

I mean after how many business days should we contact CS to get the refund if it didn't happened?

It happened to me actually. I bought an item but I forgot to change my address when submitted payment, so the seller cancel the the transaction. It is already 2 business dasy, but I haven't received refund from Pitney.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@2noggins wrote:

Hi Kalvin,

Any update on the email I sent you Monday -- display limited to 67 pages?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/qanda/recentquestionspage/node-display-id/community%3Aebay02

Also,

1. Do AC posts age off after an year of no activity/update, like they did in the past?

2. Were the # of useful votes one received before migration translated into kudos?

Hi 2noggins,

No updates yet on your email, I'll be in touch as soon as I find out.

1. No settings have been applied at this point for posts to fall off after a specified period of inactivity. We may revisit this in the future should there be a need for it.

2. Translations didn't take place & that kudos are unique to this new platform, so the current Kudos count should be based solely on Lithium.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@asiahhijab wrote:

My question about refund of canceling transaction bought through GSP program:

How long should we wait Phitney Bowes Inc to refund our payment automatically since the seller cancel the transaction?

I mean after how many business days should we contact CS to get the refund if it didn't happened?

It happened to me actually. I bought an item but I forgot to change my address when submitted payment, so the seller cancel the the transaction. It is already 2 business dasy, but I haven't received refund from Pitney.

Hello asiahhijab,

If the seller has refunded you (or processed the cancellation) and you haven't been refunded by PB at the same time, I would call CS. It's supposed to be automatic so if it hasn't happened within a few hours there's likely a problem.

Can you please notify me via email as to what happens with your case, I'm interested to know about your experience in tryiung to get this resolved, and the outcome. Many thanks!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I switched back to my Windows computer from the iPad. I am too slow at figuring out what to do on the iPad. Will try the iPad later when there is no 1 hour time limit for the weekly session.

In the new forums, there is a link button for inserting a URL. The old had an unlink button.  How to remove a link?

When copy and paste from a website, the old forums would mess up the quote and put link in a lot of text. So I would just highlight the text and use unlink. form the text I did not want to have the link.

Here I have to go into the HTML view and manually adjust the HTML. Or copy and paste into Windows Notepad to strip all HTML from the text and then paste into the topic.

Any suggestions?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

2. Translations didn't take place & that kudos are unique to this new platform, so the current Kudos count should be based solely on Lithium.

That does not make sense. There has to be some algorithm they applied. For example, on the US platform, a person with over 24K posts in the last one year, mostly non-votable comments has 66 kudos to begin with and I with 3,210 posts in the last one year, mostly votable answers (that received useful votes) had 2,113 kudos to begin with.

Spoiler

How to view a person's profile with their eBay ID?

For example, I get directed to:@2noggins

If you didn't know "207022" was the ID # for my eBay ID how could you view my profile? For example, something like: @1957dodgernoggins << uses eBay ID, does not work.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Is there anyway to have a short list of the forums without all of the explanation to the purpose of each forum in the list of the forums? It is tiresome to see the explanations and scroll down when all could fit on one page ...

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I switched back to my Windows computer from the iPad. I am too slow at figuring out what to do on the iPad. Will try the iPad later when there is no 1 hour time limit for the weekly session.

In the new forums, there is a link button for inserting a URL. The old had an unlink button.  How to remove a link?

When copy and paste from a website, the old forums would mess up the quote and put link in a lot of text. So I would just highlight the text and use unlink. form the text I did not want to have the link.

Here I have to go into the HTML view and manually adjust the HTML. Or copy and paste into Windows Notepad to strip all HTML from the text and then paste into the topic.

Any suggestions?

Hi pocomocomputing,

Another great question - let me play around with the settings & see if I can find an answer for you. Otherwise, I'll reach out to Lithium & ask if this is possible. I'll drop you an email either way.

Thanks,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Why do the links on the left in the forums for View Listings and About Me go through eBay.com and not eBay.ca?

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Is there anyway to have a short list of the forums without all of the explanation to the purpose of each forum in the list of the forums? It is tiresome to see the explanations and scroll down when all could fit on one page ...

Hi pocomocomputing,

This is one of the open questions we had when we first launched - it seems the Community would prefer it this way, so we'll see if we can make this happen. As other eBay sites go through the migration process, we're compiling a wish list of items, this being one of them.

Thanks for your patience,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Why do the links on the left in the forums for View Listings and About Me go through eBay.com and not eBay.ca?

We've flagged this as per your report last week - stay tuned for a fix.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Spoiler

How to view a person's profile with their eBay ID?

For example, I get directed to:http://community.ebay.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/207022

If you didn't know "207022" was the ID # for my eBay ID how could you view my profile? For example, something like: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2noggins << uses eBay ID, does not work.

Never mind! Advanced search!

Message 20 of 23
latest reply