June 1st 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the first weekly session of June! I'll leave this thread open until tomorrow as it has become the norm.

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping - discovery work on this issue is ongoing
  • View Order Details page showing erroneous currency conversion - Fix was scheduled for yesterday, I'm awaiting confirmation.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I know this is a difficult concept for ebay to grasp, but the deadline dates need to be adjusted/extended and started when the Migration Tool is fully functional, not while it is been build and tested, we are not ebays lab rats. We can`t be expected to complete a task when we are given a tool that isn't capable of completing that task. This whole thing has become a circus and we are sick and tired of been the side shows. Our time is been wasted and time is money. 

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

I know this is a difficult concept for ebay to grasp, but the deadline dates need to be adjusted/extended and started when the Migration Tool is fully functional, not while it is been build and tested, we are not ebays lab rats. We can`t be expected to complete a task when we are given a tool that isn't capable of completing that task. This whole thing has become a circus and we are sick and tired of been the side shows. Our time is been wasted and time is money. 

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

It looks like most of your listings are Good Til Cancelled. Please note that you have until August to migrate those. What's coming on June 14th is, new listings, including relists and Sell Similar, can only be in CAD.

Your GTC listings will remain untouched until August 3rd. After that, they will no longer be allowed to renew. Hence, if you have one date to remember, it's that one. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Yesterday I deleted over 100 pin and relisted them with this wonderful tool. I relisted them and the tool told me they were all done but only half of them were relisted. So I wound up with over 40 left over and the tool now tells me it's done and I can't redo it. Now I have to relist them by hand one at a time or they won't be listed which  is VERY time consuming. and I still have over 2000 items left to deal with

I also can;t figure out why this tool doesn't delete the items you've moved over

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Yesterday I deleted over 100 pin and relisted them with this wonderful tool. I relisted them and the tool told me they were all done but only half of them were relisted. So I wound up with over 40 left over and the tool now tells me it's done and I can't redo it. Now I have to relist them by hand one at a time or they won't be listed which  is VERY time consuming. and I still have over 2000 items left to deal with

I also can;t figure out why this tool doesn't delete the items you've moved over

Hi bunbar,

The tool doesn't delete items that you moved over so you can keep track of them. Instead, it moves your migrated listings to a different view, all the ones converted to CAD together and those you moved to eBay.com separately. Later today, you'll be able to select from those lists if you need to re-migrate any of them.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

As I said, I relisted over 100 pins using this tool, but only half of them were relisted on the ebay.com site which left me with over 40 pins not listed anywhere and no way to try again without relisted them one at a time

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

As I said, I relisted over 100 pins using this tool, but only half of them were relisted on the ebay.com site which left me with over 40 pins not listed anywhere and no way to try again without relisted them one at a time

Once the tool allows re-processing, you can find those 40 items and relist them in bulk via the tool.

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

When will this be available?

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

I have a question about the scheduler option - why are stores charged a $0.10 fee for each item when scheduling is selected but non-store accounts are not charged.

I would think, that as a store, this option would be included in the monthly fee. Why would a non-store have a free feature that the paid store does not?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

When will this be available?

It is scheduled for today. We will make the announcement when the roll out is complete.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Good morning,

As you may know, there looms a lockout-strike situation with Canada Post this summer. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-post-warns-key-customers-of-looming-contract-dispute-1.360190... What contingency plans does ebay have for Canadian buyers and sellers so as to minimize the effect on sales and/or resulting defects from items received past their ebay-set shipment deadlines? 

Also, I wanted to clarify something about store subscribers' Vacation Mode: if a store seller leaves the listings live and visible and says 'will be gone until July X' does that automatically override the handling time deadline? Or does the seller's committed handling time remain unaffected? I'm fairly sure I already know the answer to this but I want to be certain. 

Thirdly, I know Paypal Shipping isn't ebay's problem anymore but you should be aware of a situation that has plagued users since early May. The Item Contents information on multi-item orders for international shipment isn't generating correctly and providing false export documentation on the paypal-printed postage labels. This has already been reported to paypal by me and other ebay users. Can you call over to whomever it is that you have contact with at Paypal and ask them to put the fear into Pitney Bowes or whoever it is that is responsible for fixing it? This is just one of the many times it has been mentioned in threads on ebay Canada https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Who-do-I-call-about-problems-with-Paypal-labels/m-p/3392.... I placed my report with paypal on May 7. As far as I know, the problem still exists. It should not. These are Customs forms. Sooner or later, either a seller or buyers is going to find themselves in hot water about it.

Thanks,

Maureen 

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

It's the same for selling books and sheet music. It is free for not store owners but a store owner has to pay .10 to list them as an auction

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

To illustrate my final point, this is what a user enters in the Item Content section: 

Customs Details
#Description
(E.g., men's cotton shirts)
QtyItem Value 
(CAD)
Item Weight
(kg)
Country of OriginHS Tariff Code
1PLASTIC TOY FIGURINES1$52.10 CAD0.198 kg China950300
2DIECAST TOY VEHICLE1$2.00 CAD0.056 kg Thailand950300

pixel.gif

Customs Currency: CAD
Package Content Type: Other

But this is what shows up on the postage label:

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 11.41.07 AM.png

To put it succinctly, on any multi-item order, the last entry auto-populates the whole form regardless of what was entered before it. Voiding the label and starting over does not fix the problem. It persists. 

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

It looks like most of your listings are Good Til Cancelled. Please note that you have until August to migrate those. What's coming on June 14th is, new listings, including relists and Sell Similar, can only be in CAD.

Your GTC listings will remain untouched until August 3rd. After that, they will no longer be allowed to renew. Hence, if you have one date to remember, it's that one. Hope this helps.

I am more than well aware of the dates and keeping up with the documentation provided for this matter, why you constantly insist on side stepping my questions is beyond me. I am not gullible. The New listings in CAD was extended, but not the Good Til Cancelled? Even after the late release of the tool there is no further extension even though it is not fully functional. 

Here is a pair of pliers, you have 6 weeks to frame a house of specific dimensions...

In 2 weeks you will be provided with some nails...

In 4 weeks you will be provided with a hammer...

In 5 weeks you will be provided with a saw...

In 5 weeks and 6 days you will be provided with a measuring tape...

In 5 weeks and 6 days and 12 hours you will be provided some wood.

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

@theodoreides wrote:

I have a question about the scheduler option - why are stores charged a $0.10 fee for each item when scheduling is selected but non-store accounts are not charged.

I would think, that as a store, this option would be included in the monthly fee. Why would a non-store have a free feature that the paid store does not?

Thanks.

Hi theodoreides,

Here is the official eBay response to this question:

Store owners and non-Store owners have different needs. The schedule fee is relatively low, but encourages professionalism at Store level without affecting the benefits an eBay Store offers.

On the other hand, most new sellers don't have a Store subscription, and may not have much experience selling on eBay. If they schedule a listing and find an error, we want to make it easy to fix this before the listing appears. More experienced Store sellers won't make these mistakes very often.

In a nutshell, this is a freebie we are giving non store owners to allow a bit more flexibility.

Message 15 of 44
latest reply

Not sure I agree with the "official" reasoning or how it encourages "professionalism at Store level without affecting the benefits an eBay Store offers.

However, in order to list auctions effectively in times that are most likely to sell the scheduler is a valuable tool - and charging an additional fees to stores is very discouraging.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Hi Maureen,

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good morning,

As you may know, there looms a lockout-strike situation with Canada Post this summer. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-post-warns-key-customers-of-looming-contract-dispute-1.360190... What contingency plans does ebay have for Canadian buyers and sellers so as to minimize the effect on sales and/or resulting defects from items received past their ebay-set shipment deadlines?  

We do have protocols for such things. A good example is the postal disruption currently happening in and around Fort McMurray. We worked with the Standards team to define the areas (postal codes) and timeline involved, so we can proactively remove any defects caused by the wild fires still raging there.

Similarly, we have engaged with the Standards team to give them a heads up on the possible upcoming Canada Post labour disruption will put a protection plan in place to cover the affected sellers adequately. The exact details of what this entails are still TBD, but should resemble what I described for Fort McMurray above.

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, I wanted to clarify something about store subscribers' Vacation Mode: if a store seller leaves the listings live and visible and says 'will be gone until July X' does that automatically override the handling time deadline? Or does the seller's committed handling time remain unaffected? I'm fairly sure I already know the answer to this but I want to be certain.  

If you set your store to vacation mode and leave your listings live, the estimated delivery date will reflect your vacation setting (the system won't assume that you will ship while you're on vacation).

Apologies, I consulted an erroneous internal document. Vacation setting will not extend estimated delivery dates if you leave your items live. Apologies for the confusion. It's probably safer to not leave your items live while on vacation, although some recommend prolonging your handling time to match the length of your vacation to avoid missing out on sales.

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thirdly, I know Paypal Shipping isn't ebay's problem anymore but you should be aware of a situation that has plagued users since early May. The Item Contents information on multi-item orders for international shipment isn't generating correctly and providing false export documentation on the paypal-printed postage labels. This has already been reported to paypal by me and other ebay users. Can you call over to whomever it is that you have contact with at Paypal and ask them to put the fear into Pitney Bowes or whoever it is that is responsible for fixing it? This is just one of the many times it has been mentioned in threads on ebay Canada https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Who-do-I-call-about-problems-with-Paypal-labels/m-p/3392.... I placed my report with paypal on May 7. As far as I know, the problem still exists. It should not. These are Customs forms. Sooner or later, either a seller or buyers is going to find themselves in hot water about it. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying that PayPal labels aren't our problem anymore 😉

This is an issue I have well documented and duly reported to PayPal. I got the usual "we will look into it" but nothing further as I write this. I'm certain they are working to resolve.

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

I am more than well aware of the dates and keeping up with the documentation provided for this matter, why you constantly insist on side stepping my questions is beyond me. I am not gullible. The New listings in CAD was extended, but not the Good Til Cancelled? Even after the late release of the tool there is no further extension even though it is not fully functional. 

Here is a pair of pliers, you have 6 weeks to frame a house of specific dimensions...

In 2 weeks you will be provided with some nails...

In 4 weeks you will be provided with a hammer...

In 5 weeks you will be provided with a saw...

In 5 weeks and 6 days you will be provided with a measuring tape...

In 5 weeks and 6 days and 12 hours you will be provided some wood.

I apologize for attempting to zero in on your own particular case.

While it is true that the tool had to go through growing pains and that as a result, it has shortened the preparatory period available for sellers to migrate their listings, we feel there is still enough time for everyone to complete this work within the updated timelines without severely disrupting their business.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Merritt M,

I'm so with you on this.

I'm trying to sell similar today and it's not going to happen.

I keep being told to correct the highlighted areas that are not highlighted, it says I have no image but I do, or add the weight, but there is no window to add the weight, or if I click on "add more options" I'm tossed to the top of the page.

Relists only today. 

EBAY.CA PLEASE USE A PRACTICE BOARD

(for new coding,)BEFORE FORCING US TO BE YOUR LAB RATS, OR WE MIGHT ALL POUND OUR KEYBOARDS INTO THE DESK TOP!

Also the glitches on this board are almost untolerable. One of my neighbors who sold on .ca just closed her account because the record of her sending the return shipping funds was not properly recorded and it cost her $165. as well as a perfectly good doll. (buyer was a rude scammer btw.)

I don't mind that I lost a similar dispute because .ca stated the return shipping must be sent by the 27th and not by midnight of the 26th, I can afford to lose a small amount from time to time.  Some folks can't. 

I have a huge list of complaints, but I'll stick to being able to list my new stock question.

When do you think this option will be available?

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

@the_d_consortium wrote:

Merritt M,

I'm so with you on this.

I'm trying to sell similar today and it's not going to happen.

I keep being told to correct the highlighted areas that are not highlighted, it says I have no image but I do, or add the weight, but there is no window to add the weight, or if I click on "add more options" I'm tossed to the top of the page.

Relists only today. 

EBAY.CA PLEASE USE A PRACTICE BOARD

(for new coding,)BEFORE FORCING US TO BE YOUR LAB RATS, OR WE MIGHT ALL POUND OUR KEYBOARDS INTO THE DESK TOP!

Also the glitches on this board are almost untolerable. One of my neighbors who sold on .ca just closed her account because the record of her sending the return shipping funds was not properly recorded and it cost her $165. as well as a perfectly good doll. (buyer was a rude scammer btw.)

I don't mind that I lost a similar dispute because .ca stated the return shipping must be sent by the 27th and not by midnight of the 26th, I can afford to lose a small amount from time to time.  Some folks can't. 

I have a huge list of complaints, but I'll stick to being able to list my new stock question.

When do you think this option will be available?

Hi the_d_consortium,

Thanks for your comments. Pardon my asking, but what option is it that you are asking when it will be available?

Message 20 of 44
latest reply