June 1st 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the first weekly session of June! I'll leave this thread open until tomorrow as it has become the norm.

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping - discovery work on this issue is ongoing
  • View Order Details page showing erroneous currency conversion - Fix was scheduled for yesterday, I'm awaiting confirmation.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

@tixcanada wrote:

Hi, first time participant on the weekly session.  I migrated my listings to .ca earlier this week, not the best workflow, but it got done. Ebay certainly can make it much easier and clearer, so hopefully they do that.  

One issue I have run into is that some listings now only show up in the basic editor, so I can't add more shipping options etc.. the button in the top right to change the listing editor to "Advanced view" is not there, and I can't find a way to change that.   

can you get the coders to add that button when editing listings. 

Hi tixcanada, welcome to the weekly session!

Thanks for reporting on your experience with the migration tool. I was unaware that the new listings ended up attached to the quick listing tool for revisions. I'll look into that. In the meantime, have you tried editing in bulk? That will take you to a different experience, more akin to the advanced tool you were trying to access.

@tixcanada wrote:

Also, on the create/edit listing page, can you put a quick guide or box that populates with the selected shipping methods min/max dimensions and weights.. IE select USA Expedited parcel and a box would show up that says minimum is X"H x Y" L  2kg etc etc and the maxes.  It would really help us less experienced sellers ensure we are selecting the right methods for each item.

I think this is a great suggestion. I'll take it to the Shipping team, who owns that part of the listing flow.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

When are the new enhancements to the Migration Tool going to take effect?!?!?

There was a first wave of enhancements last Friday, and another one earlier today.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Item condition is not carrying over migrating to .com and its says "Condition is not applicable to this listing." now what?!?! 

Tried bulk edit, 1 changes and the rest don`t update?!?!

Still can`t start migrating?!?!

Please send me the item number. Without that, I can't help.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

This concludes the session for this week. Thank you all for joining and see you next time.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply