Just withdraw from the wrong account (US$ instead of Cdn$) from paypal

i called paypal right away and they said it cannot be cancelled even though it takes 5 to 7 days to complete the transaction.

what to do?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

they reversed the transaction but put the money back into my canadian balance 😞

they said the conversion is already done and there's nothing they can do (because they already made the profit with the 2.5% conversion)

Within 5 minutes and there's nothing they can do!

With any other insititution they could have been able to reverse or concel the transaction.

Expensive day for me and another prove these are blood sucking instititions.

it's also adding salt to my injury when they sounded so cold and detached with the whole process.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

With any other insititution they could have been able to reverse or concel the transaction.

A transaction involving currency exchange.....not likely!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

A transaction involving currency exchange.....not likely!

I experienced it once when RBC screwed up my instructions. It involved a 6-digit sum and cost them over 3k in currency exchange. The gal at the bank had a long face but, hey, it was her screw-up.

Bank mistakes aside, you will not be shown any mercy. Banks, like any other businesses, are "for profit" and not obligated to pay for customer mistakes.

It boils down to "goodwill" but don't expect such from FeeBay's payment processor.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Considering it actually would take them 10 days to do the transfer, it's disgusting.

they have no problem taking money from my account 60 days after the buyer filed a not received.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply