LISTING REMOVED-- PLEASE HELP

phenixx2000
Community Member
Ebay just removed my listing because trademark violation. I am 100% sure my items are real not fake, and I also do have the copy of receipt from Coach store. I sent an email to Ebay re this issue, but they said they dont judge the authenticity, and I can not appeal it and relist the items. What should I do? please help. thank you so much. 🙂
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

ameroindustries
Community Member
Forget about it If you try to relist again you will get your account flagged and could get suspeneded prolly not worth it . Ebay is very harsh when it comes to stuff like this but anyone with 1000 bux can go buy a few boxes of em from china so thats prolly why :S
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

eBay sent you a notice explaining what you need to do. If this was a VERO notice (sounds like it was) then you need to contact Coach as eBay will not get involved under any circumstances.

You also need to understand that trademark violation does not suggest that what you are selling is fake. Ity suggests you are using the Coach trademark without permission. Whether Coach have the legal right to stop you is another question but not one that eBay can or will answer.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

phenixx2000
Community Member
Thanks for you guys help.:-)
It was not a VERO notice. I called Ebay this morning, but they dont answer any more questions re this issue. No matter is real or fake, I think once the items was removed, you just can not relist them. That is really frustrated. Ebay even dont give you a chance to appeal it. :_|
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

jerseypros
Community Member
Curious as to why they would end this particular Coach listing but let you keep the others going?
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

phenixx2000
Community Member
That is why I called Ebay this morning, but they didnt release any information to me. I dont understand why they removed only 2 Coach listings. I told them I am willing to fax them the copy of the receipt or send the items to either Coach or Ebay to varify if deemed necessary. I am still waiting the answer from them. ?:|
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
phenixx2000- in looking at the feedback you have received- many imply/state that the bags they have purchased are FAKE or questionable.

If you are selling an "authentic product", why is documenting that fact so difficult?

Is there an answer to the above? If not- where- and I don't really expect an answer, are all these "questionable" COACH items coming from? A seller with one, or two, may not raise an eyebrow. But the numbers you list are quite substantial. And, apparently someone at COACH has noticed.

As you will not be a Power Seller for long (and we will most certainly be joining you shortly as a non-PS) a quick reply would be appreciated.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

phenixx2000
Community Member
All my items either from Coach factory outlet mall or Coach dealer in Japan. I do can provide the receipt for Ebay, but Ebay said "NO". They dont want to judge authenticity. I am also willing to send the items to Coach or Ebay to varify. The thing that I dont understand if they thought my items are fake, why they only removed 2 listings and kept the others.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You should be happy that they only removed two of your listing and not all.

IF I was you, I would contact COACH in JAPAN and have then provide me a written statement signed by an officer of their company stating that the items you are selling are 100% AUTHENTIC and not fakes.

Not sure if COACH will do this but no harm in asking.

If you do get the letter then I would fax that letter into eBAY trust and safety department as proof that you are selling legit goods.

Also you can mention that in all you ad listings as us it as a marketing tool to generate more sales for you.

Regards,

TIM @ FTL
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

phenixx2000
Community Member
THANK YOU SO MUCH- Futuretech_liquidations. Really appreciated:-)
I do have the copy of receipt from Coach Japan but not a written statement. I called Ebay yesterday by saying that I could fax the copy to them, but Ebay said "no", they said they dont judge the authenticity.
Anyway, Thanks for all you guys help. 😄
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

sweet_thingz
Community Member
There are groups of people, Like "The Purse Forum" who actively watch listings and report fake listings to ebay. I think they sometimes say legit items are fake though. Maybe you were a victim
Message 11 of 11
latest reply