List on .com - how do I use Canada Post?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

For get the above error I tried a test listing on .com and the only problem that I ran into was that I can't use Canada Post Expedited Parcel with tracking for intstance. Is there anyway aroung that? Are there any other problems that I will experience trying to list on .com?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

"Is there anyway around that?"

NO

The eBay.ca site is designed for Canadian sellers.  The eBay.com site is designed by Americans for Americans.  We may not like it but it is reality

Canadians and other worldwide sellers can use it BUT the shipping choices are based on shipping from the USA (or China).  I do not expect eBay.com to ever modify their site to list all shipping suppliers by foreign sellers (Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, etc...)

The only option available for Canadian sellers insisting in listing on eBay.com is to use fixed shipping rates or "free shipping" as do most American sellers.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ok - from the look of it I can use Expedited flat rate for US shipping and Expedited Intermational flat rate for Canadian Shipping and that will let me complete a listing on .com When I go to print a PayPal label, will it let me use Canada Post or will it want me to use USPS and if so is there a way to change it to Canada Post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I've never had an issue printing labels from Pay-Pal selling from .com or .ca,,,,always let me chose Canada Post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:
Ok - from the look of it I can use Expedited flat rate for US shipping and Expedited Intermational flat rate for Canadian Shipping and that will let me complete a listing on .com When I go to print a PayPal label, will it let me use Canada Post or will it want me to use USPS and if so is there a way to change it to Canada Post

As long as your paypal account is a Canadian account you will have access to Canada Post shipping options. You'll want to be careful on how you map your shipping services options for .com, pay attention to the ETA dates your given choice generates to avoid any potential issues with late shipment defects.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

You can print a label from .ca or directly from Paypal regardless of which site the listing is on. You cannot print a CP label directly from .com.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Does not "Expedited Intermational flat rate" on .com mean USPS expedited shipping from the U.S. to elsewhere? Fir .com I usually select standard shipping from outside the U.S.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

As widget mentioned you would probably want to use Standard Flat rate from outside of U.S. for shipping to the U.S. so that the time is a little more accurate.

I use standard int'l shipping for shipping to Canada.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Or even use economy international shipping if you are really worried about arrival times.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

...economy international shipping from outside the U.S.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You just go to your Paypal account to see if the item is paid and cleared.

If it isn't PP will tell you.

If it is paid and cleared, you print your shipping label from PP.

This is actually a bit safer than accessing PP through an email or even through eBay.

If you were a newbie, or had the 21 Day Hold in place for some reason, you could still print the PP label as long as the payment had cleared, even though most of the money is not yet accessible.

This is exactly what any Canadian seller listing on dotCOM does today. And the Chinese sellers, and the German sellers, and the Korean sellers.

It's not rocket surgery.

It's not even any slower or faster.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

On eBay.com site the first option for shipping is to the US.... domestic shipping

Shipping to Canada is international shipping....

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:
For get the above error I tried a test listing on .com and the only problem that I ran into was that I can't use Canada Post Expedited Parcel with tracking for intstance. Is there anyway aroung that? Are there any other problems that I will experience trying to list on .com?

The biggest problem will be the inability to use calculated shipping on eBay.com. You can still buy shipping from Canada Post (through paypal) but you will have to make your best guess as to what flat rate price to use. If you ship using Canada Post expedited, the tracking number can still be used with the eBay.com sale.

The shipping choices for the US give you expected delivery times. Pick the one that best fits how you ship.

Best:
Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)

Can be used, but they raise US buyer delivery expectations:
Economy Shipping (1 to 10 business days)
Standard Shipping (1 to 6 business days)
Expedited Shipping (1 to 4 business days)

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, no time frames, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping (Varies for items shipped from an international location)
Standard Int'l Shipping (Varies for items shipped from an international location)
Expedited Int'l Shipping (Varies for items shipped from an international location)

-.-

You could list an item on eBay.com (US$) and only ship to the USA. And also list the item on eBay.ca (in CA$) and use calculated shipping, and ship anywhere except to the USA.  Not considered duplicate listings that way. But there is a risk, if you only have one of an item, and you have a sale, you must quickly delete the listing on the other site before you sell the item twice.

-.-

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@rosscd57 wrote:

The biggest problem will be the inability to use calculated shipping on eBay.com. You can still buy shipping from Canada Post (through PayPal) but you will have to make your best guess as to what flat rate price to use. If you ship using Canada Post Expedited, the tracking number can still be used with the eBay.com sale.

The shipping choices for the US give you expected delivery times. Pick the one that best fits how you ship.

Best:
Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)

Can be used, but they raise US buyer delivery expectations:
Economy Shipping (1 to 10 business days)
Standard Shipping (1 to 6 business days)
Expedited Shipping (1 to 4 business days)

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, no time frames, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping (Varies for items shipped from an international location)
Standard Int'l Shipping (Varies for items shipped from an international location)
Expedited Int'l Shipping (Varies for items shipped from an international location)

-.-

You could list an item on eBay.com (US$) and only ship to the USA. And also list the item on eBay.ca (in CA$) and use calculated shipping, and ship anywhere except to the USA.  Not considered duplicate listings that way. But there is a risk, if you only have one of an item, and you have a sale, you must quickly delete the listing on the other site before you sell the item twice.

-.-

There are time frames for the options you mention above on ebay.com. I compiled a table 3+ years ago from a test listing and checked it every year or so with the last testing in January this year. The test listing used 1 day handling time which is included in the estimates below.

For Economy Int'l Shipping, some countries will show estimated delivery times (dates).  The countries not shown in my table show varies message.

countries economy USA.jpg

For Standard Int'l Shipping, some countries will show estimated delivery times (dates).  The countries not shown in my table show varies message.

countries standard USA.jpg

I did not compile an Expedited lists as I never use this option.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply