Listing Sale Announcement sent After the Fact. Why?

ADayLate.jpg

Please forgive the color flip, probably why Picture It was discontinued.

I found this in my in box today (It never made it to my email account) and I wanted to share the joke with all.

I knew about the sale from my other sites and figured even though I did not receive the message in Doll up Your Dolly, to just list the new stock I had ready to go. I didn't miss the listing sale.

I'm just wondering how many other people missed it and why was it sent after the fact?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I got the message via email the day before the listing sale. So I took advantage of it.

However I now see that my eBay messages inbox also has a copy -- which arrived the day after the sale ended.

Somebody was asleep at the wheel when they sent that one out...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

"I got the message via email the day before the listing sale."

I am curious.  Did that email message indicate that the promotion was by invitation only?  Mine did.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm sure it wasn't invitation only because the sale was running on .com at the same time.

It's an annual event open to all sellers, including my 15 year old .com ID, DQ

DQ didn't get an invitation at all (that site rarely does) but there was a message on the list your item forms that all new listings where free for the time period. DQ was listing on .ca BTW.

Thank you for your replies folks.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Same here. Received a 700 listing, 100 per day, 2 days late in email and one day late in ebay emails. In other words, they told me I could have 700 but ended up with 500 instead! Second time this happens to me!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply